How HR made a difference at work
- Oxfam turns to telemarketing. // Precision Marketing;4/11/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p5
Announces the plans of Oxfam to sign up supporters to the Gift Aid Scheme which aims to reclaim tax from donations.
- In defence of Oxfam. Pilger, J. // New Statesman & Society;5/17/91, Vol. 4 Issue 151, p8
Opinion. Focuses on the tradition of Oxfam, established by the Quakers in 1942, and the irony that Oxfam should be attacked for being `too political.' Where the assault began on Oxfam; A craven attack; Oxfam's work in Cambodia; British Charity Commission report; Details.
- Oxfam plans launch of fashion sub-brand. // Marketing Week;11/6/1997, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p10
Reports on the plan of charity Oxfam to launch a fashion brand in its planned roll-out of retro departments and shops in Great Britain. Plan to open stores in London and Manchester, England; Oxfam's funding of development work in the Third World.
- Oxfam retro retail breaks the mould. Cheary, Natalie, // Marketing Week;11/6/1997, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p21
Reports on the changes in British charity Oxfam's advertisements which aim to raise funds through retro retail. Use of high-profile models Elson and Charley Speed to make people realize that secondhand clothes are as fashionable as designer labels; Highlighting of the importance of donations at...
- BMP DDB highlights Oxfam's diversity in poster ad campaign. Beer, Rebecca // Campaign (UK);8/2/2002, Issue 30, p6
Focuses on the theme of the poster advertising campaign of Oxfam in Great Britain.
- How we don't communicate. Smith, George // Nonprofit World;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p13
Provides information and tips for European fundraisers. Three qualities involved in written fundraising; History of fundraising in Europe; Information on Oxford Committee for Famine Relief or Oxfam.
- Launch of Oxfam's discussion paper. Hlahla, Mthandazo Ndlovu // Energy Management News;Sep2015, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p3
The article reports on the launch of the discussion paper titled 'Is South Africa Operating in a Safe and Just Space' by Oxfam GB in Cape Town, South Africa on July 31, 2015.
- The Few, the Rich. WESTCOTT, LUCY // Newsweek Global;2/5/2016, Vol. 166 Issue 5, p19
The article discusses the report from Oxfam GB, a British charity, which indicates that the number of billionaires whose combined wealth equaled that of the poorest half of the world's population has lowered to 62 in 2015 from the 388 of 2010.
- World Fast Day to aid global hunger. // New York Amsterdam News;11/4/95, Vol. 86 Issue 44, p33
Reports on the public participation to the November 16, 1995 Fast for a World Harvest campaign sponsored by Oxfam America, a Boston Massachusetts-based international organization. Aim to develop awareness of hunger and poverty worldwide; Dramatization of the causes of hunger through the Oxfam...