- OCS Group UK Ltd v Jones & Ciliza. // Employers Law;Nov2009, p9
The article discusses the court case OCS Group UK Ltd. v. Jones & Ciliza regarding service provision change upon re-tendering of catering service contract at BMW's Cowley Plant. OCS Group (UK) Ltd. first entered into contract to provide catering services to Cowley and then MIS took over the...
- Contracting-out of TUPE: change in service provision proves critical. Home, Suzanne // Personnel Today;10/6/2009, p6
The article discusses a court case where in S. Jones and other employees who worked for OCS Group UK Ltd. got in dispute on tribunal claims. It informs that OCS lost the catering contract and management information system (MIS) constituted a service provision change within the meaning of...
- Reducing headcount. // Employers Law;Nov2013, p16
The article presents questions and answers related to employee redundancies in Great Britain including who should be consulted about employee redundancies, giving notice of redundancies and varying employees' contractual terms and conditions.
- employment law timetable. // Employers Law;Dec2013/Jan2014, p4
A timeline is presented of employment laws that will be implemented in Great Britain in 2014, including the implementation of the changes to Collective Redundancies and Transfer of Undertakings, regulation freeze among businesses with less than 50 employees and Automatic Enrollment Regulations.
- TUPE changes come into force. // FM World;2/13/2014, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p09
The article discusses the changes in the Collective Redundancies and Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations in Great Britain.
- Case of the week. Garrett, Jane // Personnel Today;6/17/2008, p11
The article reports on the case Commission for Healthcare Audit and Inspection v. Ward related to redundancy. S. Ward, the claimant, had been employed by the British Commission for Healthcare Audit and Inspection (CHAS) since February 2001. The claimant was selected for redundancy following a...
- CASE round-up. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2009 Q2, Special section p07
The article summarizes two court cases related to employment law in Great Britain as of April 2009. In Bournemouth University Higher Education Corporation (BUHEC) versus Buckland, the Employment Appeal Tribunal held that BUHEC was in fundamental breach of the contract of employment of a...
- STOP PRESS. // Employers Law;Mar/Apr2010, p8
This section presents news briefs related to court decisions on labor cases in Great Britain compiled as of March 2010 which include the Court of Appeal's ruling that it was fair to hold the Birmingham Archdiocese of the Roman Catholic Church liable for sexual abuse of a boy by one of its...
- Employment. // Lawyer;3/19/2012, p14
The article focuses on the British court case Eddie Stobart Ltd v. Moreman & Ors, which dealt with employment law in Great Britain.