What's new and what's coming up in employment legislation
- WORKPLACE RIGHTS TOPPING UP WITH TIPS. Burd, Michael; Davies, James // Management Today;Aug2008, p15
The article focuses on the legal issues of tipping in Great Britain. It highlights the issue over the national minimum wage (NMW) relating to non-cash tips. A case confirmed that it remains lawful to use tips paid off through the payroll to increase employee salary to NMW level. It also mentions...
- The briefing. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/8/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4648, p44
The article offers news briefs related to the hotel industry including the minimum wage policy of Great Britain and details related to the Equality Act that will become effective from October 1, 2010.
- Perspective: Coalition government. Newman, Darren // Employers Law;Jun2010, p10
The author speculates on the future of employment law in Great Britain under the programme of Britain's coalition Conservative-Liberal Democrat government. The author comments on the role of coalition ministers Ed Davey in the Department of Business and Lynne Featherstone, appointed minister for...
- EMPLOYMENT LAW TIMETABLE. // Personnel Today;6/24/2008, p11
The article presents information on various employment laws to be implemented in Great Britain in the coming years. From October 1, 2008, new minimum wage rates will come into effect. From October 2009, centralised vetting system for people working with children and vulnerable adults will come...
- New Developments in UK Employment Law. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2014 Q4, p1
The article discusses several changes to employment law that took effect in Great Britain on October 1, 2014. Topics covered include legal changes affecting antenatal appointments, national minimum wage, equal pay audits, Reserve Forces membership, shared parental leave and whistleblowing, and...
- Government to implement positive action provisions. // Employers Law;Feb2011, p4
The article discusses the provisions on positive action which will be implemented on April 6, 2011 under the Equality Act 2010 in Great Britain.
- employment law timetable. // Employers Law;Jul/Aug2011, p4
The article presents a schedule of release of several employment laws in Great Britain including bribery offences, equal treatment for agency workers, and increase in national minimum wage to 6.08 British pounds per hour.
- Equality and discrimination. // British Baker;2/25/2011, Vol. 3 Issue 4, Special section p2
The article focuses on the Equality Act of 2010 which identifies nine characteristics in which employees are protected against direct and indirect discrimination in England, Scotland, and Wales.
- Equality Act 2010 dual discrimination provisions still under consideration. // Employers Law;Mar2011, p4
This article reports on the delay in the implementation of the Equality Act in Great Britain brought about by the law's dual discrimination provisions.