HOW TOâ€¦spot executive failure
- Happy New Year Indeed. Caudron, Shari // Workforce;Jan2001, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p16
Examines the challenges facing human resource (HR) professionals in their work. Factors which affect the work of HR professionals; Areas of concern in HR functions.
- Training for trainers. // People Management;10/23/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 21, p68
Provides information on training programmes of several personnel management companies which are designed for personnel management trainers in Great Britain. Training on communication and counselling skills from the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD); Training on internal consultancy;...
- Top job. Couzins, Martin // Personnel Today;1/13/2004, p22
The article presents an interaction with Paul Renshaw, group HR director of David McLean. Renshaw has taken up the newly created position of group HR director at construction firm David McLean. The role will cover all three divisions of the company, construction, homes and development. He...
- HR set to storm the board room. Elswick, Jill // Employee Benefit News;Aug2001, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p1
Highlights the annual conference of the Society for Human Resource Management in San Francisco, California in 2001. Advice of Mary Cheddie, vice-president of human resources at FirstWorthing company, to human resource (HR) professionals; Role of HR professionals in business enterprises;...
- HR vs. Managers. Caudron, Shari // Workforce (10928332);Aug99, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p32
Discusses the conflict between human resources (HR) professionals and line managers. Image problem of HR; Comparison between the role of a line manager and an HR; Factors behind the conflict; Tips on how HR professionals improve relations with line managers.
- Are you competent for a recession? Gallacher, Diane // People Management;4/23/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p17
The article emphasizes the importance for human resources (HR) professionals in Great Britain to review the relevance of their competency frameworks in the context of the current economic recession. It highlights the role of competency frameworks in identifying employees with high potential and...
- Untitled. // Personnel Today;6/16/2009, p4
In this article, the author discusses the role played by human resource (HR) management personnel. The author says that it is incumbent on people like him to develop a greater sense of confidence in the HR function as a strategic player. The author says that in fact, the HR director is the one...
- STRATEGIC PARTNER OR SERVANT? Taylor, Gary // People Management;6/2/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p46
Focuses on the factors that should be considered in order for human resources (HR) professionals to gain strategic status. Difference of board member HR from their HR colleagues; Function of an HR executive in firms that have elevated HR to a strategic partner role.
- HOW MUCH FREEDOM DO MANAGERS HAVE TO MAKE STRATEGIC HR DECISIONS. Kinnie, Nick // People Management;6/2/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p48
Focuses on the link between human resources (HR ) and business performance. Challenge to the assumption that managers are free to choose the HR policies that they wish to adopt; Importance of balancing the need of clients and employees; Need for examining the wider organisational control system...