Scottish councils work together to cut cost of e-learning launch
- Untitled. Berry, Mike // Personnel Today;4/28/2009, p13
Several letters to the editor in response to articles published in previous issues are presented including "How to Make Workplace Learning Effective," "How to Handle the Media," and "Jargon: War of Words."
- Instrument decontamination online. // British Dental Journal;10/23/2010, Vol. 209 Issue 8, p417
The article announces that Eastwood Park Training is launching an online dental instrument decontamination training course that would assist dental practices.
- E-learning market shifts. // e.learning age;Mar2007, p2
The article presents an update on trends in the electronic learning (e-learning) market. According to an analysis by Epic, e-learning currently represents 3 to 4 percent of private sector training provision in Great Britain. Matt Gokhool, chief executive officer (CEO) of Epic, said that...
- Fast-Track Programs for Teaching Jobs. Clark, Kim // U.S. News & World Report;Mar2010, Vol. 147 Issue 3, p67
The article discusses educational options for persons wanting to retrain to become teachers. Several online programs exist including those offered by Western Governors University and the American Board for Certification of Teacher Excellence. Grants and inexpensive loans to help defray the cost...
- Emotional learning. Madden, Dave // e.learning age;Apr2008, p20
The article explores the emotional state of learners of e-learning in designing training programs. It is stated that the design of e-learning programs should address the relationship between stress and learning because stressful environments diminishes the brain's capacity to absorb learning....
- How to use subject matter experts. // e.learning age;Feb2007, p25
The article offers information on the Radiology-Integrated Training Initiative (R-ITI) launched by the Royal College of Radiologists, the Department of Health and the National Health Service in Great Britain. It describes how the use of subject matter experts contributed to the success of the...
- Go With the FLO. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Oct2010, Issue 695, p54
The article offers infomation on an online Financial Liabilty Orientation training program meant for Financial Liability Officers (FLOs).
- Online help to get patients working. // Nursing Standard;12/5/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p8
The article focuses on the launching of the online training programme to help nurses prepare patients who are returning to work after a period of ill health, injury or disability in Great Britain. According to the author, the programme covers rehabilitation, workplace adjustments and the...
- CYBER SCHOOL. J. G. // SN: Supermarket News;9/6/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 36, p22
The article offers information on NARMScertifyU, online learning center of the National Association for Retail Marketing Services (NARMS), which offers training material for marketing professionals.