Poundland has to outsource hiring to cope with growth
- Poundland's seasonal drive for recruitment. // Grocer;10/16/2010, Vol. 233 Issue 7977, p51
The article reports on the move of single price discount retailer Poundland to recruit 2,000 temporary staff to help with its anticipated busy Christmas 2010 season.
- Perms at Poundland? // Recruiter;11/28/2011, p17
The article reports on the move of discount retailer Poundland Ltd. to start its recruitment process for about 2,000 temporary Christmas jobs which could lead to full-time employment in Great Britain.
- Sales surge at Poundland. // DIY Week;10/18/2013, Issue 5740, p4
The article reports that the sales at Poundland Ltd., store chain rose by 15 percent with the launch of 51 stores in Great Britain.
- Poundland Plots Course For European Expansion Following Irish Success. // Checkout;Oct2013, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p12
The article informs that the single price retailer Poundland as of October 2013 has decided to open 500 new stores in Great Britain and expand into mainland Europe over the next 18 months.
- HOT TOPIC. Halliwell, James // Grocer;8/6/2011, Vol. 234 Issue 8016, p3
The author comments on the new name of Poundland stores in Ireland, specifically Dealz.
- Strong swimmers. Martindale, Nick // Personnel Today;3/10/2009, p20
The article presents information related to five companies that are thriving in the recession. These companies include Asda, City Car Club, Domino's Pizza Inc., HRM Homecare and budget retailer Poundland Ltd. As reported, Asda, which has been voted Great Britain's lowest-cost supermarket in each...
- Other findings. Hazelwood, Janell // Black Enterprise;Sep2013, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p36
The article reports that eighty percent of large corporations in the U.S. plan to substantially increase their use of flex workers in coming years. Traditional full-time jobs with benefits will be harder to find and small businesses will collaborate and own networks of contingent workers,...
- Poundland hires Knox for stores revamp. // Marketing Week;11/16/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p8
Reports on the appointment of Knox Co. design agency to the task of modernizing the stores of discount retailer Poundland. Company background; Description of the modernized outlets.
- Start new hires as temps. // Communication Briefings;Feb2014, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p2
The article offers suggestions on how a firm should hire employees, adapted from the online article "Try Before You."