Tax relief on childcare vouchers to be scrapped
- Industry frowns on gesture politics. // Mortgage Strategy;3/27/2006, p3
The article focuses on the campaign of the journal "Mortgage Strategy," which calls on the British government to step up stamp duty and raise the threshold to help new housing customers into the market. The campaign has run concurrently with wider industry pleas for a similar rise. Gordon Brown,...
- Brown's choices. Papatheodorou, Yorgos // Accountancy;Apr2003, Vol. 131 Issue 1316, p58
Focuses on the issues tarnishing the reputation of chancellor Gordon Brown in Great Britain. Loss of revenue in the stock market; Flexibility of the massive spending program of Brown; Impact of the upward trend in public spending.
- TALK OF THE BROWN. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;2/22/2008, Issue 2805, p5
A photograph of British Prime Minister Gordon Brown appearing in London landmarks as part of the South Pacific Islands' tourist board promotion is presented.
- He's a v nice man. // Third Sector;1/20/2009, p4
A photograph of British Prime Minister Gordon Brown at the launch of the government's white paper on social mobility is presented.
- Protest leads to rethink on vouchers. Faux, Karen // Nursery World (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);11/19/2009, Vol. 109 Issue 4196, p5
The article reports on a petition posted on the Downing Street website that encouraged the British government to reconsider its plans to remove tax relief on childcare vouchers in November 2009. A letter of protest against such plan was written by a group of nine former government ministers to...
- Childcare vouchers are a win-win for firms and staff. Spalding, Dawn // Personnel Today;10/20/2009, p6
The article presents the author's comment on the announcement of British Prime Minister Gordon Brown to scrap the tax relief on childcare vouchers in Great Britain by 2015. It is stated that the move would set the equality agenda back and discourage women on maternity leave to return to work. It...
- Baby boon. // Personnel Today;1/26/2010, p14
The article offers information on the childcare vouchers offered by an organization to its employees. It states that these vouchers are offered to improve an organization's reputation and to attract new employees. It reports that Prime Minister of Great Britain Gordon Brown is neglecting the...
- New mums may desert workplace after childcare voucher tax relief is scrapped. Baker, Kat // Personnel Today;10/6/2009, p3
The article reports that the prime minister of Great Britain, Gordon Brown has announced that the childcare vouchers would lose tax and national insurance contribution relief by 2015. He further reveals that the money would be used to provide free nursery places for 250,000 two-year-olds. It...
- Will tax break cuts spell the end of care vouchers? // Human Resources (09648380);Nov2009, p8
The article presents the opinion of several executives on the impact of the tax break scheme of Prime Minister Gordon Brown on childcare voucher in Great Britain. Stephen Alambritis of Federation of Small Businesses states that it marks the end of the voucher. Dean Shoesmith of Sutton and Merton...