THE NEW YORK STATE COMPTROLLER AS SOLE TRUSTEE OF THE COMMON RETIREMENT FUND: A CONSTITUTIONAL GUARANTEE?
- New Rules for NYS Fund? // Investment Management Weekly;12/17/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p1
The article reports on proposed regulations intended to increase the transparency of the New York State Common Retirement Fund. The regulations will include allowing the inspector general of the state comptroller's office to investigate any allegations of corruption. Similar changes are being...
- N.Y. fund must open its meeting. Williams, Terry // Pensions & Investments;3/31/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p10
Opinion. Suggests that the New York state Comptroller, H. Carl McCall, opened the investment decision process of the New York Common Retirement Fund to the public and allow reporters to attend meetings held by him. Reason for suggestion; Review of process already being used; What individual...
- Fund revamps management. // Pensions & Investments;08/04/97, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p29
Looks at the New York Common Retirement Fund. Information on the payments of the fund; Details on the management of the fund.
- New York CRF Stays on Absolute Return Path. Giardina, Michael // Investment Management Weekly;3/30/2010, p3
The article reports on the move of the New York State Common Retirement Fund (CRF) to increase its absolute return investments in February 2010 as part of its commitment to the asset class.
- N.Y. fund broadens scope. // Pensions & Investments;8/18/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p28
Reports that the New York Common Retirement Fund has launched a search for a captive fund-of-fund adviser. Factors which motivated this decision; Advantages of a captive partnership.
- The new $100 billion club. Burr, Barry B. // Pensions & Investments;5/4/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p1
Reports that the New York State Common Retirement Fund became the second United States defined benefit pension fund to reach the $100 billion pension fund stratosphere in 1998. Identification of the company that has remained in the number one position; List of other defined benefit funds that...
- New York Loses With Enron. Willcox, Kathleen // Investment Management Weekly;12/10/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 49, p4
Reports on the business losses of New York State Common Retirement Fund with the failure of Enron Corp.
- NYS adds $500 million to mortgage program. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/10/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p21
The article mentions the investment of additional 500 million dollars in New York mortgage program by the New York State Common Retirement Fund as mentioned by State Comptroller Thomas P. DiNapoli.
- N.Y. fund shuffles alternatives, realty. // Pensions & Investments;7/21/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p47
Focuses on the consolidation of alternative and real estate investments by the New York Common Retirement Fund of Albany, New York. Who will be in charge of the investments; Who will manage real estate investing; Information on the fund; Who represented the fund.