WEB SITE REVIEWS
- Scarleteen: Sex Education in the Real World. Mitchoff, Kate Houston // School Library Journal;Jul2003, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p57
Reviews the Web site Scarleteen: Sex Education in the Real World.
- Sexuality and Your Child. Mitchoff, Kate Houston // School Library Journal;Jul2003, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p57
Reviews the Web site Sexuality and Your Child.
- Talking with Your Kids About Sex. Mitchoff, Kate Houston // School Library Journal;Jul2003, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p57
Reviews the Web site Talking With Your Kids About Sex.
- Who's afraid of sex ed? Vallejo, Natalia Koss // UWM Post (Milwaukee, WI);3/12/2012, Vol. 56 Issue 22, p13
The author discusses what are the learnings in the sex education being offered by schools in Wisconsin.
- Accentuate the Positive. RILEY, HUNTER // Santa Fe Reporter;10/2/2013, Vol. 40 Issue 40, p8
The article discusses the need to proclaim the positive benefits of sex education.
- Books of Critical Interest. // Journal of the History of Sexuality;May2012, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p358
A bibliography is presented which includes the book "Dirty Words: The Rhetoric of Public Sex Education, 1870-1924," by Robin E. Jensen, "Hogarth's Hidden Paris," by Bernd W. Krysmanski and "Gender & Sexuality: Sociological Approaches," by Momin Rahman and Stevi Jackson.
- Is earlier sex education harmful? An analysis of the timing of school-based sex education and adolescent sexual behaviours. Somers, Cheryl L.; Eaves, Matt W. // Research in Education;May2002, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p23
The purpose of this study was to explore the relation between the timing of sex education and adolescents' sexual behaviours. The specific research questions were (1) â€˜Is timing of sex education related to frequency of sexual behaviour?â€™ (2) â€˜Is timing of sex education related...
- STREET TALK. Walters, Cathrine L. // Missoula Independent;10/3/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p4
The article presents the views of several residents of Higgins and Broadway on experience of their first time sex including Kelly Job, Stephanie DeBoer and Kayla Mathews.
- A new decade is here...Sexsexsexs. // Advocate;6/5/74, Issue 139, p22
Presents the Sex Information & Education Council of the U.S.' position statements with regard to sexual rights. Access to sex education; Opposition against discrimination based on sexual orientation; Use of explicit sexual materials.