Making the Best of It
- Red tape rules are hard to swallow. Jones, Andy // Caterer (2055-7817);04/24/2015, p38
The author offers insights on the British National Health Service's restrictions in hospital catering in Great Britain. He discusses the priority of hospitals on food and the role of caterers in it, the restriction on comfort foods in hospitals, and the efforts of the Hospital Caterers...
- ORGANIC MEALS AND MENUS. Green, Tim // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/17/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4268, p48
Looks at issues raised by putting organic meals on the menu. Background on organic farming; Legislation on organic food production; Factors to consider on adding organic meals to caterers' menu. INSET: THE ISSUE.
- SAME BANG, FEWER BUCKS. Landry, Christine // Special Events;May2008, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p45
The article features three caterers and their menus that are served at considerably low prices. Chef Brian Aaron of Aaron's Catering International & Gourmet creates cuisine cooked with edible chemicals. The Girl and the Fig Caters uses organic food on its meal but offers them with less added...
- Via Panera marketing manager caters to a healthy lifestyle. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;7/2/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 27, p16
The article profiles SaniÃ© Albra, Via Panera Fresh Catering marketing manager in Poughkeepsie, New York. The author stated that Albra has been involved in hospitality style of businesses. She started freelancing as a private chef and caterer of healthy cooking needs after she graduated from...
- 4-Signs. Kvidahl, Melissa // Natural Foods Merchandiser;Apr2015, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p44
The article offers information on the expansion of the health food store Sundance Natural Foods in Eugene, Oregon, to catering, along with statement of culinary director Charlene Venette.
- Low-Fat Brownie With Dried Plum. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/28/96, Vol. 30 Issue 42, p21
Presents Food Life executive chef Michael Cech's recipe for Low-Fat Brownie With Dried Plum.
- Brownie points. Lang, Joan // Restaurant Business;08/15/97, Vol. 96 Issue 16, p101
Suggests brownie desserts as good menu items for restaurants in the United States. Popularity of brownies among older people; Brownie dessert offerings of various restaurants. INSET: Recipe..
- Brownie points: Which brownies take the cake? // Good Housekeeping;Dec95, Vol. 221 Issue 6, p142
Presents a list of brownie mixes and ready-to-eat varieties on the United States market. Nutrition information; Tasters' comments.
- Delightfully rich. Tribole, Evelyn // Shape;Feb96, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p66
Presents recipes for Black Forest Brownies with a makeover techniques. Ingredients; Calorie content.