- Carleton College, Math & Computing Center. // American School & University;Nov95, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p211
Features math & computing center of Carleton College in Northfield, Minnesota. Space; Area; Design team; Capacity; Completion; Building structure; Center design.
- Reflections on China and Carleton's ethical investment policy. Trow, Martin // Academic Questions;Spring90, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p75
Reflects on the democracy movement in China and propriety of the `ethical investment policy' of the Carleton College in Minnesota towards the issue. Suppression of the democracy movement; Similarity of China's situation to South Africa; Commercial activity of the United States in the country;...
- Fiber to the student. // Communications News;Sep96, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p36
Discusses the use of fiber-based cables at Carleton College's network infrastructure. Advantages of fiber cables; Design; Applications.
- Undergraduate geology education--the Carleton College experience. Buchwald, Caryl Edward // Journal of College Science Teaching;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p325
Presents the College of Carlton in Minneapolis, Minnesota focusing the college's geology department. Ranking of the liberal arts college; Factors of the university's success; Non-linear curriculum; Importance of socialization of students and faculty; Carleton geology program.
- CORRECTIONS. // Sierra;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 94 Issue 6, p3
Corrections to the articles "Extra Credit" and "Enjoy" that were published in the September/October 2009 issue are presented.
- Thinking globally this summer. Kurlantzick, Joshua // Christian Science Monitor;8/22/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 190, p16
Focuses on the summer travels of the women's basketball team from Carleton College in Northfield, Minnesota to Thailand.
- At Home With Books. Ramsay, John // Vital Speeches of the Day;03/15/99, Vol. 65 Issue 11, p336
Presents a speech given by John Ramsay, Hollis L. Caswell Professor of Educational Studies at Carleton College, which was delivered in November 1998 to the Longfellow School Parent Teacher Organization Meeting. How the speech addressed the importance of reading.
- A Mighty Wind. Ebert, Jessica // Audubon;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p16
Reports on the construction of a utility-grade wind turbine at Carleton College in Northfield, Minnesota in 2004. Environmental group who participated in the construction; Statement from Richard Strong, Carleton's facilities director, on the project; Expected amount of energy to be provided by...
- What works- what doesn't. Metz, T. John // American Libraries;Feb87, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p110
Details the steps taken by Carleton College Library in Northfield, Minnesota to solve the library's building problems. Efforts exerted by library officials to raise community support; Challenges encountered by the library in choosing a site for the building.