- SOUPER PAIRS. Scarpa, James // Restaurant Business;1/15/2003, Vol. 102 Issue 1, p52
Presents several menu samplers for soups. Preparation method for soup; Cost of the soup; Dressing for the soups.
- All souped up: Chefs bowl over patrons and boost business. Berta, Dina // Nation's Restaurant News;2/24/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p31
Focuses on the popularity of soup menus in wintertime for restaurants in the U.S. Use of expensive ingredients in soup dishes; Details on the different styles of cooking soups; Modifications made to the menu design to include soup.
- SWEET & SAVOURY crepes. // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Jul2011, Issue 345, p70
Several recipes involving crepes are presented, which include how to make basic crepes, cornmeal crepes with maple blueberries, crepes with summer vegetables and herb sauce, and sage crepes with smoked salmon and yogourt curry sauce.
- MENU PLANNING STRATEGY BASED ON ECOLOGICAL FOOTPRINT. Vintila, Iuliana // Environmental Engineering & Management Journal (EEMJ);May2010, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p731
The ecological footprint analysis (EFA) was conducted in order to analyze the environmental impact of improved catering processing system by using an increasing amount of 15-25% regional organic foods and 50% less amount of meat in the daily meals created for "Dunarea de Jos" University Galati...
- menu planner. // Australian Table;Aug2008, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p5
The article suggests mix-and-match menu ideas for a dinner party and other occasions. They include Pumpkin, Spinach and Ricotta Pizza, Baked Gnocchi with Spinach and Prosciutto, and Fennel, Orange and Rocket Salad. Photographs of the menus are presented.
- READY FOR SUMMER? Lawrence, Bobby Lee // Ventanas;2010, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p210
The author provides a menu consisting of an appetizer, salad, entrÃ©e, and dessert that are partnered with a series of wine ideal for summer season. The Stuffed Mushrooms Lorraine can be partnered with a 2008 DeLoach Private Collection Pinot Noir. Chicken Breast Diego with Spicy Vegetable...
- Chop't New York. Moore, Sonya // Nation's Restaurant News;8/14/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 33, p38
The article presents a company profile of Chop't Restaurant in New York. It offers several chef-designed salads and customers can also create their own combinations. This restaurant is owned and run by Tony Shure and Colin McCabe. It has been mentioned that menu development is considered a...
- Price Points. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;10/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p60
The article discusses food pricing that is suitable with the economic conditions. It notes that some food operators have increased their prices while other have found creative ways to go around it. The Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles, California for example had to increase their...
- A Healthy Renovation. // FoodService Director;8/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p16
The article reports that Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center in Pennsylvania has renovated a cafe into an Au Bon Pain franchise at the College of Medicine. The renovation was part of the hospital's contract with Morrison Management Specialists. An overview of the menu at Au Bon Pain is...