Guiding Stars Shines at New Hampshire
- Historic Dairy Bar Reopens. // FoodService Director;10/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p8
The article reports on the re-opening of the Dairy Bar in the University of New Hampshire in August 2008 after a seven-month renovation. With the reopening of the Dairy Bar, the menu is refocusing on sustainable business practices and local foods. Jon Plodzik of Dairy Bar says he wanted to do...
- Asian brand debuts at Univ. of N. Hampshire. // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p16
Features the Asian Creations food station at the University of New Hampshire in Durham. Average number of customers daily; Color and variety of Asian cuisine served at the food station; Style of cooking used; Plans for additional menu items.
- Guest Chef Series Brings Mary Ann Esposito to UNH. // FoodService Director;5/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p10
The article focuses on an episode of "Ciao Italia," the television show hosted by chef Mary Ann Esposito, taped at University of New Hampshire (UNH) as part of the Guest Chef series of UNH. Jon Plodzik, director of dining at UNH, decided to invite Esposito since she earned her master's degree in...
- LETTER OF THE LAW. // FoodService Director;9/15/2015, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p42
The article discusses that Jon Plodzik, the Director of Dining Hall Operations of University of New Hampshire (UNH) partnered with Dartmouth College to endorse Senate Bill 194 that will cover the policies of college and university epinephrine.
- And Sales More Than Double: Univ. New Hampshire freshens kiosk. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p1
Highlights the move of the University of New Hampshire in Durham in opening a Freshens fullservice kiosk in The Coffee Office. Its sales; Comments from John Plodzik, manager of foodservice; Its amenities; Price of smoothies.
- WITH MEAL PLAN EQUIVALENCIES: Univ. of New Hampshire jumps onto new concept. // FoodService Director;09/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p8
Reports that the University of New Hampshire in Durham has launched Jump in its Memorial Union building's food court. Kinds of foods offered; Information on the food court; Remarks from the dining director.
- A Healthy Side of Pasta. Parseghian, Pamela // FoodService Director;10/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p68
The article reports that whole-wheat and gluten-free options are taking hold in foodservice operations in the U.S. in response to a demand for healthier options and to meet dietary restrictions. Chefs are also upgrading pasta dishes and introducing ethnic choices to cater to all types of...
- PIZZA IS BIGGEST DRAW: Meal counts up 40%-50% in UNH market. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the increase in the number of food service customers at Stillings Dining Hall of the University of New Hampshire in Durham. Renovation of the dining area; Popularity of pizza among the students; Role of the change in ambience.
- Dahlia Nardone. // FoodService Director;3/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p16
An interview with Dahlia Nardone, assistant retail manager at the University of New Hampshire in Durham, about her experiences and accomplishments in the foodservice industry is presented. Nardone says being able to actually see her employees learn from what she does is her proudest moment. She...