Save energy and money
- Market-focused cost reduction. Osborne, Debra; Ringrose, Nick // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Jan98, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p28
Outlines an approach to cost reduction in support functions of businesses. Link between resource requirements and corporate strategy; Improvement for the key aspects of customer service; Reduction of total overhead costs.
- Six steps to effective cost management. Devlin, Jack; Godey, Jim // CPA Journal;Oct94, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p74
Presents cost management strategies. Understanding the cause of the cost and revenue structure of the business; Reduction of interfunctional complexity; Provision of tools to manage costs; Employee-involvement in decision-making; Continuous improvement of costs; Measurement of decisions against...
- Pennies from heaven...and vending machines. Vega, Gina // Management Review;Aug94, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p7
Provides suggestions on cost savings for business enterprises. Service contracts on office equipment; Deal with long distance carrier; Generics with office supplies; Bundling of printing jobs; Floor space of vending machines; Redundant communications.
- Penny pinching tips. // PHC Profit Report;10/1/95, Vol. 3 Issue 19, p5
Offers cost containment measures for business enterprises. Mailing lists; Paper costs; Business calls; Catalog shopping; Group purchase.
- Cutting costs without pain. // Supervisory Management;Jun94, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p4
Offers advice concerning cost cutting among companies. Offering of cash incentives for money saved; Development of budget and target goals; Elimination of repetitive and pointless tasks.
- Keeping expenses under control. Maynard, Roberta // Nation's Business;Feb94, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p9
Discusses basic cost-containment measures for companies. Tying explicit cost goals to the employee compensation system; Start of an ongoing communications program to keep employees thinking about cost control; Regular implementation of cost-reduction initiatives; Linking of the line items of the...
- Cost cutters. // Executive Edge Newsletter;Aug96, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p9
Presents several cost-cutting measures for business enterprises. Includes utilization of laminated forms; Availability of the book `Eleven Ways To Save Money On Your Next Meeting'; Strategies for reducing waste consumption.
- `Quick-fix' cost cutting can prove costly. Miller Jr., Jesse W. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;08/04/97, Vol. 11 Issue 16, p1SB
Presents cost reduction tips for business enterprises. Steps in reducing clerical costs; Changes required to reduce management costs; Need to outsource support functions.
- Fraud & waste. McClenahen, John // Industry Week/IW;1/9/95, Vol. 244 Issue 1, p57
Reports the views of European Union's auditors on the costs of fraud and waste borne by the organization.
- Cost control. // Executive Edge Newsletter;Jun97, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p9
Suggests several cost control ways in company operations. Elimination of fax cover sheets; Limiting the use of phones; Changing the type of bulbs used in exit signs.