- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;07/28/2000, Issue 5198, p2
Presents news items related to the furniture industry in Great Britain as of July 28, 2000.
- OPINION: THE PRICE IS RIGHT. // Cabinet Maker;6/3/2011, Issue 5740, p12
In this article the author discusses latest trends within the furniture industry in Great Britain.
- 'Bigger and better than ever', says show's chairman. // Cabinet Maker;9/11/2015, Issue 5948, p10
The article offers information on the annual regional exhibition show South West Furniture Show to be held at The Sedgemoor Auction Centre in Somerset, England on September 15-17, 2015.
- Leader. Kirtley, Leanne // Cabinet Maker;11/13/2015, Issue 5957, p3
The author discusses the state of Great Britain's furniture retailing industry including declines in sales and consumer confidence in October 2015, the success of the Young Furniture Makers exhibition of Furniture Makers Co., and industry forecasts for December 2015.
- Views. Lydon, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;10/14/2005, Issue 5460, p9
Comments on how upholstery imports affected the furniture industry in Great Britain. Actions taken by manufacturers to face the challenges from imports; Reason for the surge of imported products; Assertion on the need to compete for value rather than price.
- Service matters. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;10/28/2005, Issue 5462, p16
Focuses on the views of David Hawkridge, former managing director at Mobeltest, on the furniture manufacturing industry in Great Britain. Perspective on flammability regulations; Thoughts on the responsibilities of the British Furniture Manufacturers' Association; Hopes for the improvement of...
- Lean means business. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;8/20/2004, Issue 5402, p16
Reports on the financial assistance provided by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) to furniture manufacturers in Great Britain. Eligible regions in Great Britain; Deadline for availment of the funds; Functions of the regional government office or Business Link. INSETS: Going with the...
- ASK IF IT IS: A GREAT BRITISH FURNITURE CAMPAIGN. // Cabinet Maker;12/5/2008, Issue 5617, p24
The article presents the comments of Adam Mason of the Association of British Furniture Manufacturers (BFM) regarding their 2009 advertising campaigns, aimed to promote the furniture industry of Great Britain. He states that in addition to a focus on the quality and comfort of the country's...
- Leader. Cooper, George // Cabinet Maker;9/27/2013, Issue 5854, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the improvement of the furniture retail market in Great Britain, the Second Branded Furniture Show, and a trade show guide of companies that will participate in the exhibition.