Coaches need supervision too
- Manager from Hades, part 2. Langhome, John // Corridor Business Journal;9/5/2011, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p16
The article presents the author's insights on the tactics on how to cope with the managers and the essentials skills for effective bosses. The author reveals that building a support group of colleagues is an effective way to handle with the punitive boss. He adds that an effective and respected...
- do you have what it takes to be a mentor? Ramsey, Robert D. // Supervision;Jul2009, Vol. 70 Issue 7, p16
The article discusses mentoring as a key to success and survival in the corporate world and elsewhere, particularly for supervisors. It also presents several reasons why engage in mentoring, including to help inexperienced individuals, to strengthen the company or organization and to help a...
- Extending the Impact of Coaching in Organizations. Bossons, Patricia // Developing Leaders;2014, Issue 15, p42
The article focuses on the concept of coaching or executive coaching and its impact in organizations. Topics discussed include coaching qualification programs of Henley Centre for Coaching and Behavioural Change, the importance of coaching supervision, and the significance of transparent and...
- BALANCING ACT. Macann, Liz // Coaching at Work;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p30
The article explores coach supervision in managing internal coaches as they balance the challenges of a new role with the demands of a day job. It speculates that supervision may be expensive, time-consuming and an inappropriate remedial process in a business intervention. Professional bodies...
- Supervision 'vital' to learning, finds forum. // Coaching at Work;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p7
The article focuses on the views by the organization U.K. Coaching Roundtable that coaching and mentoring is vital in the improvement of practitioners. In July 2009, the Roundtable collaborated with several coaching bodies to build on the research done by Supervision Steering Group (SSG), which...
- SECN trains facilitators to aid supervision access. // Coaching at Work;Nov/Dec2015, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p10
The article discusses the highlights of the South East Coaching & Mentoring Network's (SECN) training for internal group supervision facilitators. It notes that 14 SECN internal coaches completed the training course which consisted of demonstrations, practice sessions, and peer feedback. It...
- Know when to let go. // Communication Briefings;Jan2013, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p3
The article presents a discussion about the appropriate time to stop coaching and advising employees, adapted from the article "Coaching Tips for Managers: When the Bicycle Moment Occurs," by Jesse Lyn Stoner.
- Mentor staff. // Communication Briefings;Aug2013, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p6
The article presents a discussion on how to be an effective mentor to employees, adapted from the article "How to Be an Effective Mentor," by Tim Sanders.
- Is coaching out of date with working practices? HALL, LIZ // Coaching at Work;Sep/Oct2015, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p13
The article presents views on the inability of workplace coaching practice to keep up with changes in the business world.