HR overhaul helps Aylesbury Vale council to save Â£1m a year
- Council teenage employment scheme. Gladicheva, Vesela // Children & Young People Now;1/24/2012, p36
The article informs that the London Borough of Islington council in London, England has introduced Junior Assistant programme in London, England to provide employment opportunities to youths.
- Accountancy profession. // Accountancy;Nov77, Vol. 88 Issue 1011, p11
Reports the vacancy of Edward Moore & Sons training centre at 4 Chiswell Street, London, England. Hiring on commercial basis of personnel; Cost of hiring.
- Database to link people with jobs. Ford, Tom // Crain's Cleveland Business;07/05/99, Vol. 20 Issue 27, p3
Reports on the launch of `Employment Central,' an Internet-based database and outreach program in Cleveland, Ohio aimed at matching available jobs with would-be workers. Information to be offered by the program; Use of the database; Organizations and agencies involved in the development and...
- GETTING HIRED BY GETTING WIRED. Loeb, Marshall; Furth, Jane // Fortune;11/13/1995, Vol. 132 Issue 10, p252
Asserts that one can find job openings by using online methods. Options including the Internet, the World Wide Web and the commercial online services such as America Online; The Online Career Center; The percentage of online job-seekers who are over 40 or 50 years old; Tips on posting resumes in...
- Internet Resources. // Utah Careers Supplement for Workers Over 50;Feb2010, p12
The article lists the Internet employment resources in Utah which includes the National Older Worker Career Center site, the employment resources for older workers, and the site of Utah Department of Workforce Services.
- Matching skills to needs. Shier, Margaret // Canada & the World Backgrounder;1995, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p16
Discusses the importance for workers to adapt their skills to the needs of companies. Boom in so-called knowledge jobs; Number of jobs lost since 1990 by Canadians with inadequate training; Concern over the issue of structural unemployment; Job opportunities in different areas of...
- Moving On . Hubbard, Andrew // Mortgage Banking;07/01/2002, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p78
Describes an incident in a training department when a job opening is fit for one of the manager's staff. Reasons for telling the employee about the job opportunity; Implication of helping the employee decide.
- The costs of hiring a professional. // Management Review;Jan79, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p55
Discusses the cost of hiring a professional in a newly created job opening in a corporation in Michigan. Factors that affect the cost and time required to train a new professional employee; Variation in costs for the hiring period for jobs paying different amounts and for replacements in...
- Job Vacancies. // Living Woods;Jul/Aug2013, Issue 29, p5
The article announces that Cart Shed in Herefordshire in England is looking for a training manager to manage its sites and the National Forest Co. is hiring a woodland management officer to be assigned at Moira, near Swadlincote, Derbys.