Jobless applicants win retail roles
- Utah's golden age of retail. Newton, Rick // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;9/17/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p9
The author comments on the increasing interest of national and international retailers in Utah. He discusses population, income growth and low unemployment as the key factors responsible for the increased interest. He cites how the continuation of the trends will help the state's retail sector....
- JLP plans to roll out new-look store format. // DIY Week;3/9/2012, p5
The article reports on the plan of John Lewis Partnership (JLP) to roll out its new store format to all existing department stores in England in 2012.
- John Lewis to open Ashford at home store. // Cabinet Maker;6/24/2011, Issue 5743, p10
The article reports that John Lewis Partnership PLC is planning to open an at home retail store in Ashford, England in 2012.
- JLP adds more space. // Cabinet Maker;12/03/99, Issue 5166, p2
Reports on the expansion of John Lewis' store in Jessops, Nottingham, England.
- John Lewis opens Croydon At Home branch. // Cabinet Maker;10/29/2010, Issue 5711, p12
The article announces the introduction of the third At Home format store of John Lewis Partnership LLC in Swindon, Wiltshire, England.
- John Lewis opens new Â£35m Birmingham store. // DIY Week;10/9/2015, Issue 5784, p2
The article reports that John Lewis Partnership PLC opens a new 35 million pounds store in Birmingham, England, that has created 650 new jobs across Birmingham and the wider region.
- JOHN LEWIS PULLS INTO BIRMINGHAM NEW STREET. // Estates Gazette;2/26/2011, Issue 1108, p44
This article reports on the plan of John Lewis to develop a store at Birmingham New Street station outside London, England.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // People Management;1/28/2010, p7
This section offers news briefs on British employment including the fall in unemployment rates between October and December 2009, the ability to manage change as an important factor in the success of business organizations, and the threat to jobs in Great Britain as U.S. food company Kraft takes...
- Learner's licence. Grawitzky, Renee // Finance Week;2/24/2003, p68
Identifies learnerships as the core to the South African government's employment strategy. Commitment to take on unemployed learners at a time when retrenchment talk in the public sector continues; Various factors preventing learnerships from gaining wider acceptance.