LAW NEWS IN BRIEF
- The Fair Work Act 2009 and You. Pagura, Ingrid // Journal of the Australian Traditional-Medicine Society;Sep2011, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p161
The article reports on changes which have been made to Australia's Fair Work Act of 2009 since its passage and presents an overview of portions of the act that relate to traditional and herbal medicine practitioners and their practices, including unions' right of entry, unfair dismissal of...
- Employer and Employee -- the balance is shifting. Walker, Peter // Credit Management;Feb2003, p24
Focuses on some of the changes in employment law proposed in Great Britain as of February 2003. Rights of fixed-term employees; Right for fathers of up to 2 weeks' paternity leave; Changes in the Standard Grievance Procedure.
- Think Ahead - Stay Ahead. Choudry, Naeema // Credit Management;Aug2003, p36
Focuses on changes in employment law in Great Britain in 2003. Maternity, adoption and paternity; Flexible working.
- in brief. Whitlock, Nicola // Employers Law;Apr2003, p5
Presents news briefs related to employment laws in Great Britain as of April 2003. Effect of the Working Time Directive on road haulage employers; British employment law timetable from spring to summer 2003.
- Look beyond the headlines. Doke, DeeDee // Employers Law;Feb2005, p7
Introduces several articles on employment laws in Great Britain published in the issue.
- New rates for job release. // Accountancy;Mar1984, Vol. 95 Issue 1087, p19
Reports that Job Release Scheme allowances in Great Britain will be increased effective April 9, 1984. Details of increases for full- and part-time schemes.
- Courting confusion. Cridland, John // People Management;05/06/99, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p31
Discusses the problem of individual employment litigation. Impact of proposals for equal opportunities legislation in Great Britain; Examples of contradictory case laws; Information on the Article 13 of the European Union (EU) Amsterdam Treaty; Effects of uncertain law.
- Amendments to Puerto Rico's labor law require scrutiny. Maldonado, Jose E. // Caribbean Business;9/21/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 38, pH3
Discusses amendments to the labor laws of Puerto Rico. Payment of salaries on a weekly or biweekly basis; Establishment of a flexible work schedule and the amount of time allowed for employee meals; Establishment of the government's public policy on minimum wage and employee benefits.
- QUIZ: Test your employment law knowledge:. // Paper 360;Aug2007, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p41
A quiz about employment law is presented.