In-house HR saves Â£3m for insurance group
- HR on uncertain ground as firms opt for offshoring. // Personnel Today;11/9/2004, p3
The article discusses effects of off-shoring human resource (HR) functions on companies. The number of companies who offshore their HR functions looks set to rocket, according to new research. The Confederation of British Industry's Off-shoring Survey 2004 showed that 6 per cent of organizations...
- Building or buying capabilities -- the decision to outsource. Parkes, Clare // Human Resources Magazine;Dec2008/Jan2009, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p7
The article presents some questions that chief executive officers (CEOs) and human resource (HR) directors must consider in deciding whether to outsource or build the capability themselves. Three of the things that CEOs and HR directors must consider are whether they have had a bad experience of...
- FIRST-CLASS COACH. Kennett, Miranda // Management Today;Jan2010, p64
The article presents an answer to a question about the concern of a chief technology officer (CTO) on how to urge the company's chief executive officer (CEO) to decide on investing in digital outsourcing.
- DAVID SMITH IF I HAD TO START AGAIN... Smith, David // Management Today;Jun2010, p22
The article profiles David Smith, chief executive officer (CEO) of Jaguar Land Rover, and is challenged in getting the business through recession.
- Top-10 Critical CEO IT Issues for Outsourcing. // Asia Insurance Review;Feb2008, p76
The article discusses ten significant issues that need to be considered by chief executive officers (CEOs) to attain a strategic business advantage on outsourcing finance. These include the needs for CEOs to facilitate communication through contact persons, frequent briefings and electronic mail...
- Sustaining your business. Ostrowski, Sue // Smart Business Orange County;Aug2010, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p14
An interview with S. A. Murray, chief executive officer (CEO) of ManagEase Inc., is presented. She infers that the strategy of business owners to cut their employee's pay and benefits is a mistake, which could come back to haunt them in the long term. She stresses the need for companies to focus...
- Outsource your boss. Danaher, Kevin; Mark, Jason // Ecologist;Jun2004, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p10
Recommends outsourcing the American CEO and replacing him with a CEO from Asia or Europe to save money. Comparison on earnings between CEOs from the U.S., Europe and Japan; Benefits of outsourcing the CEO for the company.
- SKILLS GAP FORCING RECRUITMENT CHANGES. // Acuity;Jul2015, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p9
The article discusses a report from professional services network PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) which reveals the concern of chief executive officers (CEO) across the world regarding the impact of required skills shortage on their business which lead them to outsourcing, mergers and acquisitions.
- FEEDBACK. Hastings, Helen R. // Fast Company;Jun2004, Issue 83, p28
Presents a letter to the editor that suggests offshoring the jobs of the chief executive officers who support offshoring.