Fathers gain the right to use up maternity leave
- Does it Take a Department to Raise a Child? Dow, Bonnie J. // Women's Studies in Communication;Summer2008, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p158
The article discusses the need for official family-friendly policies at academic institutions, and the need for academic parents to ensure that their efforts to balance their work and home lives do not negatively impact their colleagues. It is noted that members of a department may volunteer to...
- Family-friendly proposals receive guarded welcome. Whitehead, Mark // People Management;8/19/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 16, p14
Reports that Great Britain's parental leave and maternity rights proposal has received support from both employers and trade unions. Comments from Stephen Byers, trade and industry secretary; Unions' concern on the proposal. INSET: The main provisions.
- Maternity and parental leave. Trzcinski, Eileen // Human Ecology;Spring90, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p9
Focuses on the growing number of companies offering parental and maternity leaves as a fringe benefit. Highlights the results of the US Small Business Administration Employee Leave Survey conducted in 1988; Need for parental leave; Psychological needs of parents and infants; Economic need for...
- Full-blown maternity row over part-timers. Cooper, Cathy // People Management;11/23/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p8
Reports on a green paper on reforming maternity and parental in Great Britain in 2000. Concerns of small, medium-sized and large businesses on the plan to give women returning from maternal leave a legal right to work part-time; Proposals included in the green paper and arguments raised by the...
- MATERNITY LEAVE, EQUAL PAY, AND UNEXPECTED CONSEQUENCES. // Quadrant Magazine;Jun2002, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p2
Editorial. Discusses the issue of paid maternity leave. Reason for opposing paid maternity leave; Proponents of paid maternity leave; Policies which penalize marriage.
- Telling Your Boss the News. Cheney, Karen // Baby Talk;Aug99, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p57
Presents some advice about telling one's boss of a maternity leave. Importance of knowing the legalities of having a maternity leave; Suggestions on planning for a leave; Recommended steps that can be followed on informing one's boss about the leave.
- Family matters. Black, Suzan // Working Mother;Jul98, p85
Presents a question and answer segment which queries the unfairness of adoptive mothers not being allowed paid maternity benefits. Reason maternity leave is not usually granted to adoptive mothers; How to advocate for changes in the company's policy; Alternative of unpaid leave through the...
- Quiz. // HR Magazine;Oct2013, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p14
A quiz is presented about the law requiring employers to provide a break to nursing mothers.
- PARENTAL LEAVE IN THE AMERICAS. // Americas Quarterly;Summer2014, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p73
Statistics are given regarding parental and maternity leave in the Americas along with information on time provided and salary during leave.