Enteral Nutrition Practice Recommendations
- ASPEN. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p197
An encyclopedia entry for the acronym "ASPEN," which stands for American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition, is presented.
- Concerns for Central Line Risks Leads to Admixture Risks in Parenteral Nutrition Administration. Hayward III, Thomas Z.; Benajmin, Suzanne // American Surgeon;Aug2011, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p1104
The article looks at the effects of an American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition nonrecommended procedure for the coinfusion of electrolyte supplementation with parenteral nutrition in patients with limited intravenous access options. Using the patients in a bone marrow transplant...
- Safe PN Practices: Closing the Gaps. Bittner, Dennis // MD Conference Express;Feb2015, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p10
Clinical guidelines and consensus recommendations from A.S.P.E.N. to assure the safe use of PN are not always properly implemented in clinical practice by nutrition support clinicians. Elimination of these practice gaps was the subject of a 3-speaker session at Clinical Nutrition Week.
- Study Sees Reduction of Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections in Home Care Setting. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;5/5/2011, p246
The article offers information on the Swabcap disinfection cap presented at the American Society of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition conference in New Jersey. It states that the Swabcap shows to reduce central line-associated bloodstream infections (CLABSIs) among home-care patients who receive...
- OPERATING ROOM. Patient nutrition hinges on process safety, efficiency. Cantrell, Susan // Healthcare Purchasing News;May2012, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p14
No abstract available.
- PEDIATRIC SPECIALTY FORMULAS IN EN. Beck, Marissa R. // Today's Dietitian;Sep2009, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p16
The article discusses the benefits of specialty formulas for children with developmental disabilities, metabolism errors, and pulmonary disease. It notes the American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition's clinical guidelines, which indicate that using specific nutrients can improve...
- American Society of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition, Clinical Nutrition Week 2015: Society Introduction. Teitelbaum, Daniel H. // MD Conference Express;Feb2015, Vol. 15 Issue 3, pi
An introduction to the MD Conference Express edition of the journal is presented which features peer-reviewed highlights from the American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition's Clinical Nutrition Week (CNW) 2015.
- Upcoming Meeting. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;11/15/2012, Vol. 69 Issue 22, p1936
The article offers information on the meeting titled 'Introduction to Compounding Parenteral Nutrition Solutions', to be held on 9th February, 2013 at the Phoenix, Arizona.
- DO FATHERS' ATTITUDES SUPPORT BREASTFEEDING? A CROSS-SECTIONAL QUESTIONNAIRE-BASED STUDY IN MUMBAI, INDIA. KARANDE, SUNIL; PERKAR, SANJAY // Indian Journal of Medical Sciences;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 66 Issue 1/2, p30
CONTEXT: The views of fathers have been shown to be important determinants of infant feeding decisions, but men's attitudes toward breastfeeding and formula feeding have rarely been explored. AIMS: To explore the relationship between maternal and paternal infant feeding attitudes and their...