Creating a Healthy Work Environment
- Scut. Chang, Diane // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;12/11/2013, Vol. 310 Issue 22, p2399
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being a medical intern.
- Match Day: an intern's perspective. Frankel, David H. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);12/21/1985, Vol. 291 Issue 6511, p1813
Relates the experience of the author in medical internship. Use of a Chicago computer program in matching interns with appropriate residencies; Views of the interns in 'the match'; Importance of internship programs in the training of young physicians.
- Developing Characteristics of Nursing Excellence. Tomes, Christine M. // Critical Care Nurse;Feb2009 Supplement, p34
A reprint of the article "Developing Characteristics of Nursing Excellence," by Christine M. Tomes, which appeared in Volume 28, Number 4 issue of the "Critical Care Nurse" periodical is presented. It focuses on a two-year research internship program led by Doctor Nancy Wells for the surgical...
- ENHANCING KNOWLEDGE AND SELF-CONFIDENCE of Novice Nurses: The "SHADOW-A-NURSE" ICU Program. Messmer, Patricia R.; Jones, Sande Gracia; Taylor, Betty Ann // Nursing Education Perspectives (National League for Nursing);May/Jun2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p131
Describes an innovative internship program for novice nurses at Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami, Florida, designed to help them develop critical thinking and mastery of complex knowledge in intensive care unit (ICU) nursing and critical care. Novice nurses are not confident in their ability...
- Session 3: EDUCATION AND LEARNING: Student supervision in ICU. // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p37
An abstract of the article "Student supervision in ICU," by Evy Gundersen, Gunhild B. BjÃ¸rnÃ¥, and Britt SÃ¦tre Hansen is presented.
- Baby boon. Harmer, Rebecca // Nursing Children & Young People;May2012, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p12
The author reflects on neonatal nursing and her experiences in working in a neonatal unit.
- OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Carter, Chris // Nursing Standard;8/26/2015, Vol. 29 Issue 52, p64
Clinical electives in developing countries can improve health through education, organisational support, advocacy, delivery of health services, and support to peers who are often working under great pressure.
- Look beyond the obvious. Morphet, Lisa-Marie // Nursing Standard;10/26/2016, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p36
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of caring for a 90-year old patient in an intensive care unit (ICU).
- Keep current with e-news from AACN. // RN;Dec2003, Vol. 66 Issue 12, p26ac3
Announces the American Association of Colleges of Nursing's (AACN) launch of an electronic newsletter called "Critical Care Newsline." Weekly delivery to AACN members; Contact information.