CELEBRATE THE DIGITAL REINCARNATION OF CRITICAL CARE NURSE
- CRITICAL THINKING IN CRITICAL CARE. Suddoby, Beth; Mowery, Bernice // Pediatric Nursing;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p336
The article invites the readers of the journal "Pediatric Nursing" to solve a Critical Care Critical Thinking Problem (CCCTP). The CCCTP is based upon a case study of a 5-year-old boy injured in a go-cart accident. The results of various assessments carried out and symptoms are given. Based on...
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Brown, Verlia; Janik, Barbara A.; Hodgson, Jeanne // RN;May75, Vol. 38 Issue 5, pICU14
Presents comments on articles related to intensive care unit (ICU) nursing. Orientation program for nurses who are to work in the ICU; Alternative activities of ICU nurses during slack days; Issue over the floating of staff nurses in the ICU.
- GUIDELINES FOR LASTING LEGACIES IN CRITICAL CARE NURSING. // Critical Care Nurse;Oct2002, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p12
Editorial. Discusses the elements of critical care nursing that are part of legacy to future generations of critical care nurses.
- CORRECTIONS. // Critical Care Nurse;Oct2002, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p19
Presents corrections in some June 2002 articles of the 'Critical Care Nurse' periodical. Correction in the article 'Assessing Tissue Oxygenation'; Correction in the article 'Prone Positioning of Trauma Patients With Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome and Open Abdominal Incisions.'
- The Interdisciplinary Team Across the Continuum of Care. Annis, Theresa D. // Critical Care Nurse;Oct2002, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p76
Presents a case study that demonstrates how the patient-focused implementation of teamwork by the critical care interdisciplinary team, under the leadership of the critical care clinical nurse specialist, contributed to the positive outcomes of a complex patient. Discussion on patient's...
- Consider the Career Options in Critical Care Nursing. Barden, Connie // Critical Care Nurse;Feb2003 Supplement, Vol. 23, p4
Deals with the critical care nursing profession as a career option for nurses. Complexity of the critical care nursing profession; Views on the significance of a critical care nurse; Benefits from being a critical care nurse.
- Supporting Lifelong Learning and Competency Development. Reu, Peggy; Maple, Kelly // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2003, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p136
Assesses the skill and competency requirements for critical care nurses in the U.S. Significance of nurse competency in critical care; Responsibilities of a critical care nurse; Approaches to enhance competency development for nurses.
- Correction. // Critical Care Nurse;Oct2003, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p12
Presents correction to the article "Pulsus Alternans" that was previously published in the June 2003 issue of "Critical Care Nurse" magazine.
- Follow NursePath to Critical Care. // Critical Care Nurse;Feb2006 Supplement, Vol. 26, p40
The article reviews the Web site of the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses, available at www.nursepath.com.