Assessing Gastric Residual Volumes
- Taking the worry out of hyperal Part 2. Giordano, Carmel; Conly, Dori; Masoorli, Susan; Demi-resnick, Patty // RN;Jul81, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p50
Part II. Provides information on the things to do and complications to watch for when caring for patients on enteral feeding. Information on how to change the tubing and filter setup; Purpose of changing the catheter dressing; Equipment to use; Metabolic complications of hyperalimentation. ...
- Procedures and training review aims to bring an end to 'never event' Gillen, Sally // Nursing Standard;8/29/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 52, p12
Confusion over the insertion of nasogastric tubes and the deaths of 23 patients in the past seven years has prompted a change in policy. Sally Gillen reports.
- Clinical pathways can help manage managed care. Kilmer, Mary B. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Feb97, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p40
Focuses on the clinical pathways, the detailed plans for managing specific surgical interventions or medical conditions. Development of clinical pathways; Implementation and three documentation components of clinical pathways; Benefits of clinical pathways; Conclusions.
- The role of clinical practice guidelines in health care reform. Rosoff, Arnold J. // Health Matrix: Journal of Law-Medicine;Summer95, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p369
Reviews the development of the clinical practice guidelines (CPGs) movement. Assessment of the implications of CPG for health care reform at all levels; Definition of CPGs; Legal implications of using CPGs in practice; Potential liability of guidelines developers and issuers.
- Getting the goods on guidelines. Bergman, Rhonda // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;10/20/94, Vol. 68 Issue 20, p70
Focuses on the effectiveness of following clinical practice guidelines in the United States. Benefits of using guidelines; Federal boost received by private organizations in developing clinical guidelines; Opposition from some physicians; Results of the study on the applicability of the...
- Earn compliance in three stages. // ED Management;Nov2010, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p123
The article discusses the strategy in seeking compliance with meaningful use standards. Todd Rothenhaus, senior vice president of Caritas Christi Healthcare in Boston, Massachusetts, states the need to choose a system or an enterprise module and to configure it for meaningful use as well as to...
- NICE sees trial coverage for clot retrieval. // Medical Device Daily;7/30/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 145, p7
The article reports that the National Institutes for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) in Great Britain has issued a July 2013 bulletin recommending clinical trial coverage of devices for retrieval of clots in the cranial vasculature.
- GOOD NEWS ON GUIDELINES. Greene, Jan // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;01/05/98, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p13
States that clinical guidelines improve patient care. Examination of the congestive heart failure guidelines developed by the Agency for Health Care Policy and Research; Details on the benefits of the guidelines.
- COMPUTERS HELP. Greene, Jan // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;01/05/98, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p13
States that according to a study by the UCLA Emergency Department, patients would get better care if doctors use computerized charts which include treatment recommendations. Details on the testing of a computer charting system with treatment guidelines; Findings of the study.