NUCLEAR INFRASTRUCTURE QUESTIONED
- Bradwell bids farewell. // Professional Engineering;4/17/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p4
No abstract available.
- Brazil (finally) completes second nuclear unit. // Power;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 144 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the completion of Brazil's Angra Unit 2 nuclear power-plant. Reason the project was halted in 1988; Developer of the Angra-2 unit.
- 17% of world's power is nuclear. // Electric Light & Power;Dec97, Vol. 75 Issue 12, p23
Talks about the nuclear power plants operating around the world. Countries who were connected with nuclear power plants representing net electric capacity; Places where the construction of nuclear reactors started; Total nuclear generated electricity in 1996.
- Opponents celebrate nuclear showdown. // European Power News;Apr2002, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p5
Reports the celebration of opponents to the closure of Bradwell nuclear power station in Great Britain. Demand of Friends of the Earth organization for prohibition of power station construction; Plans of Ecotricity company to build power stations; Statement regarding nuclear power by campaigner...
- Nuclear-Accident Simulator. // Futurist;Nov/Dec87, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p3
Reports on the opening of a facility to simulate accidents in nuclear-power plants in Mannheim, West Germany.
- UAE-NUCLEAR. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);4/26/2010, Vol. 191 Issue 4838, p14
The article reports on the move of the government of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to choose Baraka as its first nuclear power plant site, in the far west of the country.
- Sparring over Mochovce. Wesolowsky, Tony // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Nov/Dec1998, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p19
Focuses on the Mochovce nuclear power plant in Slovakia. Operation of the nuclear plant; Arguments on the power plant; Risk assessments on the nuclear power plant.
- Excess moisture slows Sizewell return. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;May2010, Issue 827, p10
The article reports on the impact of the failure to repair the cooling circuit of the Sizewell B nuclear power plant in Great Britain after excess moisture levels were discovered in the containment building on the plant's output.
- Morocco. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/4/1998, Vol. 42 Issue 49, p20
Reveals the five consortia which have been shortlisted to bid for a tender for the construction of the power plant at Tahaddart in Morocco. Expected date for the completion of two phases of the plant; Financiers of the project.