- A lot to offer. // Finweek;6/24/2010, p51
An interview with Dave Paulding, regional sales director for Britain, Middle East and Africa at Interactive Intelligence, is presented. When asked about the impact of global financial crisis on South Africa's business process outsourcing (BPO) industry, he says it had devastating effects as many...
- HE'S PIONEERING A NEW INDUSTRY. Graves, Jacqueline M. // Fortune;12/12/1994, Vol. 130 Issue 12, p267
Features Ken Tuchman and TeleTech, a company that handles customer calls for 35 large corporations. Number of calls that the employees take in a day; Expected 1994 earnings for TeleTech.
- He's pioneering a new industry. Graves, Jacqeline M. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);1/30/95, Issue 4, p60
Profiles Ken Tuchman, owner of TeleTech. Marketing strategies for telephone advice services offered by the company for computer users; Hiring of market researchers and managers; Investments; Business background.
- Almost half of local hospitals report losses. O'REILEY, TIM // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);6/29/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 26, pP5
The article reports that hospitals in Clark County, Nevada reported a cumulative operating loss of $68.3 in 2008. Among the factors cited by the hospitals for the loss is the ongoing recession and low Medicaid payments by the state. Hospitals also suffered after the state implemented a 5%...
- Tracking lost business. Soule, Alexander // Westchester County Business Journal;8/9/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 32, p2
The article reports on the loss of 330 business establishments in Westchester County, New York between 2007-2008 when the global financial crisis began.
- Travel agencies face more turbulence. Soder, Chuck // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/12/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 38, p15
The article reports that travel agencies in Cleveland, Ohio have been suffered by the recession. After years of losing market share to web sites such as Expedia.com and Travelocity.com, travel agencies in Ohio and across the U.S. are now hit by the recession. PhoCusWright Inc. has estimated that...
- North Bay call centre hires 500. Walchuk, Kevin // Northern Ontario Business;Oct2000, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p1
Reports on Teletech Holdings Inc.'s plan to build a call center in North Bay, Ontario. Expected job creation from the facility; Plan for the North Bay operation to provide inbound services and sales provisions, technical support and order processing using the telephone and the Internet;...
- Fear and cheer. // Money Today;1/8/2009, p2
The article offers various issues of interest regarding the effects of the financial meltdown on various industries worldwide in early 2009. It reveals that over the next three years, Bank of America will terminate about 35,000 employees worldwide. It announces that the Hong Kong Shanghai Bank...
- Lenders Seek Alternative Products for Valuations. Harmon, Jennifer // Mortgage Servicing News;Apr2010, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p15
The article reports that mortgage lenders have re-evaluated their use of business process outsourcing (BPO) to get accurate information when evaluating a real estate owned (REO) property and in mortgage loan processing during economic crisis in the U.S. It mentions that firms seek other...