Those #$%#@!# Bankers!
- "Moron" meets "menace" in make-up session. // Asian Pacific Post;12/21/2006, p21
The article reports on the meeting of Malaysia's former prime minister Mahathir Mohamad and financier George Soros. Soros, who once described Mahathir as a menace to his own country, said he sought the meeting as both he and Mohamad found some ideas in common. Both men talked about global peace...
- Asian Dimension. Bin Mohamad, Mahathir // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p20
Presents an excerpt from a speech by Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir bin Mohamad of Malaysia at the 15th Anniversary Symposium of the Institute for International Policy Studies in Japan on June 3, 2003 which dealt with Asian countries.
- Malaysia's Mahathir quits ruling party. // Asian Pacific Post;5/22/2008, p29
The article announces the resignation of Mahathir Mohamad, former prime minister of Malaysia, from the ruling party.
- Tun M fears abuse of power if PR takes over. // Malay Mail;6/14/2012, p8
The article reports that former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad is concerned that a victory of the opposition in the 13th general election in Malaysia will lead to abuse of power by leaders of Pakatan Rakyat (PR).
- Malaysian PM denounces homosexuality. Wockner, Rex // Gay & Lesbian Times;9/18/2003, Issue 821, p35
Reports that Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad denounced homosexuality during his National Day speech on August 31, 2003. Mohamad's claim that the culture of violence and sex is being spread via the television and videos from the West.
- Malay media mavens move out. Tsang, Susan // Variety;09/07/98, Vol. 372 Issue 4, p31
Reports on how Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad handles the media in his country. Issue on the resignation of two senior newspaper editors; How the opposition leaders see the spate of resignations.
- WORLD NEWS: MALAYSIA. Wockner, Rex // Just Out;10/3/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p27
Reports that Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad has denounced homosexuality during the country's National Day Speech on August 31, 2003.
- What the doctor ordered. // Bulletin with Newsweek;2/25/2003, Vol. 121 Issue 6361, p11
Highlights some of the lines written by Mahathir Mohamad, the prime minister of Malaysia for online journal 'The Globalist.' Reflection on the war of the U.S. with Iraq; Call for adoption of democracy by various governments.
- Leader Biography/Photograph. // Malaysia Country Review;2001/2002, p22
Profiles Mahathir bin Mohamad, the prime minister of Malaysia. Personal background; Education; Previous positions in government.