Guidebook covers trucking cargo security
- Foundation to focus on cargo theft. // Traffic World;09/15/97, Vol. 251 Issue 11, p22A
Reports that the National Cargo Security Council has launched the National Cargo Educational and Research Foundation to promote public understanding of cargo security.
- Israel Set To Join CSI:. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);4/2/2007, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p10
The article reports on the possibility that Israel will join the Container Security Initiative (CSI) anti-terror program. It says that an approval was granted by the Israeli Cabinet to the plan to join CSI and that Jerusalem is expected to sign a declaration of principles that would commit the...
- Cargo Securement is Critical. // Precast Inc.;Sep/Oct2011, p12
A quiz concerning cargo securement is presented.
- ANOTHER BITE FROM THE BIG APPLE. Bonney, Joseph // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);12/13/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 49, p22
The article elaborates on the infrastructure fee that will be implemented by the Port of New York and New Jersey on all cargo in order to pay for intermodal rail and road infrastructure and security.
- Yantian's Double Development. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Nov2009, p18
The article reports on the added logistic services at the Port of Yantian in Shenzhen, China. It notes that cargoes from the Shenzhen Hutchison Inland Container Depot (SHICD) of the Hutchison Port Holding Group will be transported through a global positioning system (GPS)-equipped vehicles to...
- Electronic Seal Under Test. Cottrill, Ken // Traffic World;7/17/2000, Vol. 263 Issue 3, p30
Focuses on a container seal that stores cargo information and transmits an identity signal that can be read by radio-frequency scanners. Development of the container by cargo security systems manufacturer E.J. Broos Co.; Technical specifications of the seal; Price for the seal.
- Guidebook covers trucking cargo security. // Bulk Transporter;Jun2009, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p50
The article reviews the guidebook "ATA Certified Cargo Security Professional Resource Guidebook" released by the American Trucking Associations (ATA).
- Executives pessimistic over cargo crime. // Traffic World;03/16/98, Vol. 253 Issue 11, p41
Discusses a survey conducted by the National Cargo Security Council, Virginia, which indicates that freight executives expect cargo crime to increase in 1998. Number of senior cargo shipping executives that were involved in survey; Type of anti-crime measures recommended by respondents; Results...
- A worldwide epidemic. SPEAR, ALAN F. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);9/8/2008, Vol. 9 Issue 35, p52
The author comments on international law enforcement on cargo crime. According to the author, cargo security standards should be globally consistent and locally specific. He suggests that global companies consider worldwide information on cargo crime in their logistical planning. He explains...