Avalanche system receives US patent
- Proposed route leaves many cold. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;09/07/98, Vol. 241 Issue 9, p16
Reports that the proposal to build a one-lane gravel road in Alaska is causing congressional controversy. Budget for the road; Views of Deborah Williams, the Interior Department's representative to Alaska, concerning the proposal; Other alternatives for the proposal.
- Homeowners on gravel route must accept responsibilities. Illia, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;10/20/97, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p4
Opinion. Focuses on the gravel haul route in Northwest Las Vegas, Nevada. Residential area relieved by the haul route; Impact of Enraged Neighbors Opposed to Unfair Gravel Hauling's effort on the construction of the haul route; Disadvantages of the haul route.
- The cold war that Moscow always manages to win. Peterson, Scott // Christian Science Monitor;1/24/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 41, p7
Discusses the efforts of officials in Moscow, Russia to remove snow and icicles from streets and buildings, due to risk of injury.
- Nothing but a snow job. Keys Jr., E. Theodore // Internal Auditor;Apr97, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p80
Deals with the transportation company's contract that provides the snow removal efforts by employees would be paid at an overtime rate, even if performed during employees' regular shifts. How the internal auditor found that the city used only one operator per snow removal apparatus and did not...
- Be serious about snow business. McIver, Terry // Landscape Management;Sep96, Vol. 35 Issue 9, pSR6
Presents tips on how to have a profitable snow removal business in the United States. Competitors of landscapers who offer snow removal; Role of liability insurance in the snow plowing industry; Equipment used by Mike Trigg, superintendent of parks for Waukegan, Illinois; Accounts of landscaper...
- A sample contract for snow plowing. // Landscape Management;Sep96, Vol. 35 Issue 9, pSR12
Presents a sample contract for snow plowing in the United States. Need to describe the areas covered by the contract; Presumption concerning the knowledge of the owner of the scope of his property; Other terms and conditions which can be incorporated in the contract.
- When the snow flies, be a good neighbor. Allin, John // Landscape Management;Oct96, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p20
Offers tips for snow removal on landscaped sites. Problems for snow plowing operation; Friendly competition with other snow plow truck operators. INSET: New snow and ice management assn. needs members..
- Snow removal: Brisk, always profitable. Conners, Sharon // Landscape Management;Sep97, Vol. 36 Issue 9, pSR2
Focuses on the snow removal business in the United States. Opportunity; Pricing; Demands of snowplowing; Mistakes to avoid; Selection of equipment and deicing chemicals; Types of contracts; Drawbacks of residential snowplowing. INSETS: Watching weather is easy, by S.C.;So the price is right..,...
- Our city's snow removal workers are doing a fine job and deserve a vote of thanks. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;1/29/96, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p18
Praises the efforts of snow removal workers in Salt Lake City, Utah.