DTNA plans to participate in Clean Cities program
- in brief. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Sep2005, Vol. 162 Issue 9, p20
Presents news briefs on automotive transportation in the U.S. as of September 2005. Value of grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Energy to International Truck and Engine; Release of brand starters and alternators from Delco Remy; Addition of parts distribution center in Baltimore, Maryland...
- 2015 by the numbers. CRISSEY, JEFF // Commercial Carrier Journal;Feb2015, Vol. 172 Issue 2, p6
Statistics are presented regarding the trucking industry in the world including the forecasted production units of Class 8 trucks in the U.S. in North America in 2015, according to ACT Research, the radom drug testing rate at which the U.S. Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration will...
- 'SuperTrucks' to get DOE funding. // Overdrive;Feb2010, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p14
The article reports on the funding grants offered by the Department of Energy for by Cummins, Navistar Inc., and Daimler Tucks North America which focus on fuel efficiency for heavy-duty trucks in the U.S.
- Electric Forklifts Gain Acceptance, Driven By Sustainability Features. FAUST, BRIAN // Food Logistics;Sep2014, Issue 160, p40
The article discusses the advantages of electric forklifts stated by the Electric Power Research Institute and the U.S. Department of Energy in terms of carbon emissions and energy consumption.
- Truck, engine makers receive SuperTruck II grants. Cannon, Jason // Commercial Carrier Journal;Oct2016, Vol. 173 Issue 10, p20
The article discusses the $137 million worth of grants announced by the U.S. Department of Energy for heavy-duty engine and truck manufacturers for the development of the next SuperTruck iterations, which includes $20 million for Cummins, Daimler, Volvo and Navistar each.
- Southwest Research Institute develops natural gas truck engine. // Refrigerated Transporter;Aug2005, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p47
Reports that Southwest Research Institute, a part of the U.S. Department of Energy's Next Generation Natural Gas Vehicle Program, has developed a low-emissions, heavy-duty natural gas engine. Emissions of reduced levels of oxides of nitrogen and particulate matter; Production of heavy-duty...
- ATA seeks scrutiny of diesel prices. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Apr2004, Vol. 161 Issue 4, p20
Reports on the request issued by the American Trucking Associations for the U.S. Department Energy to scrutinize trends with diesel prices. Average price of diesel; Challenges posed by increasing energy costs; Significance of reducing the fill rate of Strategic Petroleum Reserve in controlling...
- Schneider Tweaks Surcharge Program. // Traffic World;11/14/2005, Vol. 269 Issue 46, p60
Reports on the fuel surcharge program of Schneider National Inc. in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Increase revenue for owner-operators and fleet owners; Replacement of its previous fuel program formula with a simpler payout table based on the price bands relative to the weekly Department of Energy fuel...
- Kenworth plant selected for DOE energy management program. Brock, Ed // Government Product News;Dec2009, Vol. 48 Issue 13, p29
The article reports that manufacturing firm Kenworth Truck Co. has been selected for the Department of Energy (DOE) and Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (NEEA) project to develop international energy management standard for manufacturing plants in the U.S. The firm was chosen based on its...