Commercial trailer orders remain soft but improved
- ACT Research Publishes Global Trailer Market Forecast Update. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;10/20/2015, p1
The article discusses the updates to the white paper "Global Trailer Market Analysis & Forecast" published by Americas Commercial Transportation Research Co. LLC, including major trailer markets in Asia, Europe and North America and also mentions views of company's president Kenny Vieth.
- Class 8 Orders Up 31% in September: ACT. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;10/22/2014, p1
The article focuses on the State of the Industry report issued by the ACT Research Co. (ACT) which stated that number of orders of the Class eight trucks has increased by 31 percent since 2008. Views of Kenny Vieth, President and Senior Analyst of the company, on the increasing demand of the...
- ACT: Class 8 orders still 'atypically robust'. // Fleet Owner Blog;9/ 5/2014, p1
The article mentions that the Americas Commercial Transportation (ACT) Research firm's report as of September 2014 reveals that the demand for commercial vehicles was healthy in August 2014. It mentions an increase in bookings of trucks in August with an overall improvement of 20 percent from...
- Good times, for a long time. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2004, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p28
Presents information on the commercial truck and trailer market in the U.S. according to Ken Vieth of ACT Research. Reason for the strong demand for trailers; Information on the financial status of fleets; Factors that affect the truck and trailer industry.
- December trailer net orders continue climb. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;2/ 8/2011, p7
The article offers information on the 7% increase in net orders of commercial trailers in December 2010. According to the Americas Commercial Transportation Research Co. LLC (ACT), the surge in net orders has been broad-based and factory shipments increased by 12%. However, ACT president Kenny...
- Commercial trailer orders surge in February. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;4/ 5/2011, p2
The article offers information on the increase of commercial trailer net orders by 25% from January to 21,990 in February 2011. Americas Commercial Transportation Research Co. LLC (ACT) reported that all nine trailer categories have posted year-to-date increases for both shipments and net orders...
- Orders for Trailers achieve three-year high. // Trailer / Body Builders;Dec2003, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p5
Reports on an increase of orders of truck trailers in September 2003 according to ACT Research. Number of orders received by trailer manufacturers; Comment from Kenny Vieth of ACT, on the rebound of the business.
- Trailer shipments hit 32-year low in 2009. // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2010, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the decline of truck trailer shipments to a 32-year low in 2009. According to the Columbus, Indiana-based firm ACT Research, U.S-based manufacturers shipped 80,014 complete trailers in 2009, down by 44% from 142,284 trailers in 2008. ACT Research's Kenny Vieth states that...
- ACT Research reports tighter trailer backlogs. // Trailer / Body Builders;Dec2005, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p4
Reports on the efforts of trailer manufacturers to trim backlogs in the U.S. market as of December 2005, according to a survey by ACT Research. Remarks from Kenny Vieth of ACT Research; Statistics on trailer shipments during the third quarter; Total production of the industry from January to...