Boarding School Minimizing Energy Use, Optimizing System Performance
- Summer Brings Building Boom In City Schools. White, Kerry A. // Education Week;07/14/99, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p1
Discusses the construction and renovation of school buildings in the United States during summer of 1999. Cities where school buildings are being renovated; Reasons for the school constructions; Disadvantages faced by school officials due to economic growth.
- Programmed for performance. Kokoskie, Jeff // American School & University;Oct97, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p18
Presents a guide to the selection of computerized school maintenance management software systems (CMMS). Definition of the maintenance department's needs and budget; Evaluation of vendors; Implementation services.
- MAKING YOUR CASE. Rabenaldt, Carl // American School & University;Jul2000, Vol. 72 Issue 11, p20
Discusses several steps involved in the process of preparing an argument to persuade administrators to financially support a school facility's maintenance and repairs. Examples of deficiencies included in the estimation of repair costs; Goal of a Facility Condition Index; Effective way of...
- RAISING THE ROOF. Savage, John // American School & University;Jun2000, Vol. 72 Issue 10, p24
Deals with the metal standing-seam roof systems for school buildings. Benefits of using the system; Overview of the installation of the system; Factors to consider in choosing a roof; How to make a metal standing-seam system economical. INSET: New roof provides economical and long-lasting...
- Propping for the future. Liyakasa, Kelly // Westchester County Business Journal;9/29/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 39, p27
The article reports that Archbishop Stepinac High School is under renovation for nearly $1 million in White Plains, New York. The principal of the Catholic college preparatory school for young men, Paul Carty, says that the restoration just shows the school administration's devotion to the...
- TISD Bond Projects. // Trammel Trace Tribune (Tatum, TX);11/16/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 46, p1
The article reports on the approved $2.6 million bond projects of the Tatum ISD Board of Trustees for the school year 2006-2007 in Texas. It has been stressed that the bonds will be sold and the projects completed in these years will create a good year scenario. Among the selected projects for...
- WORKING AS A TEAM. Harris Sr., Jim // American School & University;Jul2004, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p39
Discusses productivity maximization and quality improvement in schools through the employment of team cleaning strategies. Concepts focused upon by team cleaning; Benefits of team cleaning; Component parts of team cleaning.
- THE PERFECT PATCH. Gaither, Joseph F. // American School & University;Dec2003, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p34
Deals with planning maintenance and repair of school roofs in the U.S. Impact of damaged roofs on other school facilities; Types of roofs; Role of auditing in predictive roof maintenance; Factors to consider when making an operational and capital spending roofing budget. INSETS: NOTABLE;A...
- Bond committee focuses on new middle school. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);1/25/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p1
The article reports that the Whitney Independent School District (I.S.D.) Bond Committee in Texas has considered options for renovating and constructing middle and intermediate school facilities during a meeting at the Whitney Middle School Library.