Grooved Mechanical Pipe-Joining Systems
- Drip, drip, drip! // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Nov98, Issue 552, p53
Presents information on how to keep leaky water pipe joint dry with the use of antiseize tape. Procedures; Variation on the antiseize tapes that can be used in the leaking pipe.
- The Movies You Don't Want to See: No Water In or No Water Out. Stryker, Rick // Camping Magazine;May2011, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p12
The article discusses the process on how to upgrade and install piping systems, a wastewater network during summer camps. It says that the materials must be checked after clearing the clay and root masses for blocking the pipe joints to identify damages. It mentions the specification of SDR35...
- Meeting the challenge of piping system retrofit. Pool, Randal L. // PM Engineer;May96, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p22
Discusses various aspects of retrofitting plumbing and piping systems for replacement or expansion. Design issues; Selection of valves and piping connections; Rerouting of critical services; Line freezing for larger pipes; Installation of bypass piping; Relief for failed in-line isolation valves.
- Maintaining drill pipe for horizontal applications. Griffin, Jeff // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Mar96, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p40
Advises on maintaining drill pipe for horizontal applications. Types of pipe structure; Preventing drill pipe damage; Inspecting drill pipes.
- HTPV pipes, fittings potentially hazardous. // Engineered Systems;Mar1997, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p17
Presents information on reports of high temperature plastic vent (HTPV) pipes, fittings and appliance adapters cracking, and of pipe joints loosening received by the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). Association where CPSC sent a report of its findings; How cracking and...
- Pipe replacement without traffic jams. Wilson, Jim; Dunne, Jim; al, et // Popular Mechanics;Oct96, Vol. 173 Issue 10, p24
Describes pipe-bursting, an underground repair technique developed by Trenchless Rehabilitation Co. Way to keep both the water and traffic running; Benefits of the technique.
- Rehab contractors pipe up. Wright, Andrew G. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/6/96, Vol. 236 Issue 18, p16
Focuses on pipe construction and repair contractors which have developed a product for trenchless rehabilitation of pipes over 12 inches in diameter. Names of companies involved; Boh Brothers Construction Company and others; Estimated annual value of pipe rehabilitation in the United States;...
- Pipe Installation, Maintenance & Rehabilitation. // Public Works;Spring2011, Vol. 142 Issue 6, p77
The article lists the companies that cater pipe installation, maintenance and rehabilitation in the U.S. including Transpo Industries Inc., McLaughlin Group Inc., and Aco Polymer Products Inc.
- MEET WISOR, THE MECHANICAL MOLE-MAN. Saunders, Fenella // Discover;Sep2001, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p15
Focuses on the WISOR robot, invented by Honeybee Robotics, which is designed to fix underground steampipes.