The Cost-Effectiveness of Building 'Green'
- Plan to motivate. // Communication Briefings;Sep2009, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p3
The article presents a discussion on cost-effective planning to motivate employees, adapted from the article "Ways to Develop a Happy and Productive Workforce," by Lily Gargia.
- Briefing on the situation in Afghanistan. Regehr, Ernie // Ploughshares Monitor;12/1/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p1
The article presents a discussion on the situation in Afghanistan adapted in the article that was presented to the House of Commons Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs and International Development in Ottawa, Ontario on November 8, 2006.
- The Outlook for the Economy and Inflation, and the Case for Federal Reserve Independence. Yellen, Janet L. // FRBSF Economic Letter;3/29/2010, Vol. 2010 Issue 10, p1
The article provides an outlook for the U.S. economy and inflation and discusses the case for Federal Reserve independence, adapted from a presentation made by the president and chief executive officer (CEO) of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco to Town Hall Los Angeles in California on...
- Kosovo: Unraveling the Knot. Mason, Whit // World Policy Journal;Fall2006, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p87
The article discusses the conditions of Kosovo, Serbia, after the 1998 Civil War, adapted from the book "Peace at Any Price: How the World Failed Kosovo," by Ian King and Whit Mason.
- Magnitudes and Mechanisms of Shoot-damage Compensation in Annual Species of Linum (Linaceae) in Iowa. King, Elizabeth G.; Eckhart, Vincent M.; Mohl, Emily C. // American Midland Naturalist;Jan2008, Vol. 159 Issue 1, p200
The effect of shoot damage on plant performance depends partly on a plant's ability to recover by growth compensation. Plant populations in tallgrass prairie likely experience, or historically experienced, high risks of damage and therefore might be expected to have evolved significant...
- The second lives club. Schwarzbaum, Lisa // Entertainment Weekly;11/08/96, Issue 352, p59
Suggests four novels worth reading that have been made into movies. Truman Capote's `The Grass Harp'; Thomas Hardy's `Jude the Obscure'; `The Chamber,' by John Grisham; `The First Wives Club,' by Olivia Goldsmith.
- Is Pluto a planet? // Appleseeds;Jan2007, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p1
The article presents a discussion on Pluto and other newly discovered planets in the solar system, adapted from an article by Dennis Brindell Fradin.
- THE SIEGE OF QUEBEC, 1775-1776. Pearson, Michael // American Heritage;Feb1972, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p8
The article presents a discussion of the revolutionary history of Quebec province in Canada, adapted from the book "Those Damned Rebels," by Michael Pearson.
- Shakespeare. Gates, David; Power, Carla // Newsweek;12/30/1996, Vol. 128/129 Issue 27/1, p82
Discusses the popularity of the work of William Shakespeare in 1996. The motion pictures `Twelfth Night,' directed by Trevor Nunn, `Looking for Richard,' directed by Al Pacino, `Romeo & Juliet,' directed by Baz Luhrmann, and `Hamlet,' directed by Kenneth Branagh; Stage productions in London,...