Bilateral Relations With Russia Set To Improve
- Lithuania. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Lithuani;3/ 1/2011, p1
This publication presents information on Lithuania. Its climate is humid continental, with a moderating maritime influence from the Baltic Sea. The estimated population of Lithuania in 2011 is 3,239,032. The head of the country is President Dalia Grybauskaite. This entry also includes...
- Lithuania to vet more investments for national security risks. // Regional Today;9/18/2014, p4
The article discusses the proposal by President of Lithunia Dalia Grybauskaite to investigate the investments in the economy sector to ensure that it does not threaten national security.
- Russian relations improving. // Baltic Times;6/13/2013, Vol. 10 Issue 831, p4
The article reports on a June 5, 2013 meeting between Lithuanian Foreign Affairs Minister Linas Linkevicius and Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov to discuss topics such as economic and cross-border cooperation, energy issues, and tourism promotion.
- WATER SPORT AND TOURISM IN THE CURONIAN LAGOON. Pshtyka, Vadim // Human Resources: The Main Factor of Regional Development;2010, Issue 2, p116
In this article is being analyzed the water sport and tourism situation in the Kaliningrad region and the Curonian lagoon. The region of Kaliningrad is suitable for yacht sport very much but there are few yacht clubs in the region. The water tourism in the western part of Russia is not popular...
- Our Very Own Obama. Kazlauskaite, Agne // Transitions Online;7/20/2009, p5
The article focuses on the trust and hope vested in new and first female President Dalia Grybauskaite of Lithuania. It notes that Lithuanians compared Grybauskaite to U.S. President Barack Obama. It adds that the people has high hopes in the new leader that she will bring an end to the nation's...
- CIA: The World Factbook: Lithuania. // CIA World Fact Book;2011, p393
The article presents facts on Eastern European country Lithuania as of 2011. It says that it has an estimated population of 3,535,547 Lithuanians who speak several languages including Polish, Russian, and Lithuanian. It mentions that the country is headed by President Dalia Grybauskaite and...
- BALTIC BULLY. BRAW, ELISABETH // Newsweek Global;11/28/2014, Vol. 163 Issue 21, p16
The article elaborates on the determination of the governments of Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia to protect their countries against Russia's aggression. Topics covered include the North Atlantic Treaty Organization's role in the conception of security in the Baltic states, Latvia's special...
- RISK SUMMARY: LITHUANIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Apr2009, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p12
The article presents a political, economic and business risk assessment for Lithuania. Campaign activity for the presidency started and polls revealed that Dalia Grybauskaite, European Budget and Finance commissioner, is a frontrunner. Meanwhile, Lithuania's sovereign rating of BBB+/A2 was...
- LITHUANIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2011, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p12
The article discusses the political, economic, and business conditions in Lithuania, focusing on the coalition government's considering its austerity budget proposal, negative industrial confidence despite the country's economic growth, and economic and cultural cooperation with China.