ESTONIA: RISK SUMMARY
- RISK SUMMARY: ESTONIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Oct2008, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p10
This section offers news briefs concerning Estonia. Estonian Prime Minister Andrus Ansip condemned Russia's action against Georgia, stating that the country is spreading imperialism. Short-term economic risk rating (STER) has been downgraded to 63.3 after economic growth forecasts were reduced....
- 2 MACRO-ACCESSIBILITY IN ESTONIA: 2.1 ECONOMIC FUNDAMENTALS AND DYNAMICS. // Estonia Economic Studies;2007, p17
The article focuses on the economic fundamentals and dynamics of macro-accessibility in Estonia. As stated, the country has its telecommunications industry, which is led by Eesti Telekom which offers both the fixed line and mobile business. It is also self-sufficient in electric power and its...
- TeliaSonera in â‚¬500m bid for control of Eesti. // Utility Week;4/23/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p15
Reports on the acquisition of shares of TeliaSonera, a mobile telecommunications operator in the Baltic region, by Eesti Telekom. Percentage of shares of Eesti Telekom in TeliaSonera; Aim of Eesti Telekom in acquiring TeliaSonera.
- 3 ECONOMIC AND PRODUCT MARKETS IN ESTONIA: 3.1 INTRODUCTION & METHODOLOGY. // Estonia Economic Studies;2007, p38
The article offers a summary on the economic potential for Estonia over the next five years starting in 2007. The data presented are the result of various spatial econometric and time-series forecasting models for each category presented. In addition, it cites the allocation for each category...
- ONE BECOMES TWO. // Total Telecom+;Dec2014, p4
The article announces that former Estonian prime minister Andrus Ansip has been appointed vice-president of the digital single market by the European Commission.
- Local resources provide energy solution. // Baltic Times;5/30/2013, Vol. 10 Issue 830, p6
The article reports on the May 23, 2013 meeting between Estonian President Andrus Ansip and European Commission president Jose Manuel Barroso in Brussels, Belgium where the two discussed energy-related problems in the European Union and how they relate to Estonia.
- Baltic single market in prospect. // Utility Week;1/16/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p1
The article reports on the decision of the Baltic states to collaborate in the establishment of a joint electricity wholesale market covering Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Plans have also been proposed to join the Nordic electricity wholesale market in 2013. According to Andrus Ansip, Estonia's...
- Fears for Nordic-Baltic link. // Utility Week;5/29/2009, p11
The article discusses concerns on the joint Baltic-Sweden power interconnector agreement between Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania in April 2009. It notes that the signing was affected by perception on the differing energy strategies and goals of the three countries. It explains the impact of...
- Government Structure. // Estonia Country Review;2011, p49
The article examines the government structure in Estonia, which adopts a parliamentary form of government, in which President Toomas Ilves of state and of the executive branch since 2006 while Prime Minister Andrus Ansip is the head of government.