Dismal IP Figure Not A Major Risk
- Heading Into Recession. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2009, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p8
The article discusses an economic outlook for Slovakia for 2009. It is forecasted that the country will not be able to stop recession from happening in 2009. It is predicted that gross domestic product will contract by 0.9 percent in the forecast period. Consumer confidence and external demand...
- Domestic Demand To Boost Recovery. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2011, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p8
The article discusses the forecast of Slovakia's economic growth in 2011. It notes that the key to its contingent growth will be the export industry particularly the net exports. The increase in these exports will be the driving force to the real gross domestic product (GDP) growth. Meanwhile,...
- Outlook and Assumptions: Alternative Scenarios. // Slovakia Country Monitor;Mar2012, p3
The article forecasts alternative scenarios that could affect the economic development in Slovakia in 2012, including weaker gross domestic product (GDP) growth, better economic performance and the impact of the victory of center-right parties in the March 2012 election on business environment.
- Outlook and Assumptions: Alternative Scenarios. // Slovakia Country Monitor;Jun2012, p4
The article forecasts the economic performance of Slovakia as of June 2012 with regards to its alternative scenarios wherein gross domestic product (GDP) growth is expected to be weak if key export markets in Europe underperform.
- Will Shrinking Consumer Disposable Income Threaten Pork Demand? Meyer, Steve // National Hog Farmer Expert Blog;2/17/2014, p6
The author discusses the potential impact of the declining personal disposable income on demand in the North American pork industry. He describes how the Great Recession significantly affected the meat and poultry business in the region, noting how it resulted to low gross domestic product (GDP)...
- Standing On The Brink Of Economic Collapse. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia & CIS;Dec2014, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p1
The article focuses on the forecast related to of economic collapse in Ukraine in 2014 and 2015 as of December 2014. Topics discussed include downgrading of the gross domestic product (GDP) rate due to damaged production facilities and infrastructure in eastern Ukraine, impact of fighting in...
- DATA & FORECASTS. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2005, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p9
The article presents information and data on the economic conditions of Slovakia. According to Business Monitor International Ltd. inflation is set to rise sharply over the final months of this year from a record low of 2.0% in July-August, after state gas monopoly SPP was granted permission to...
- Sticking With Longer-Term Koruna Strength. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2006, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p8
Offers an economic outlook for Slovakia for 2006. Impact of the short-term weakness of its currency, the koruna, on efforts to contain inflation in 2007; Rise in the country's interest rates at the end of May; Outlook for real gross domestic product growth.
- Upbeat On The Koruna. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2006, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p8
The article presents an economic outlook for Slovakia, as of December 2006. Real gross domestic product is forecast to grown at an average of 5.7 percent, which will be driven by a fairly broad-based boom across the economy. More component suppliers to the automotive industry is expected to set...