- THE FAB BLAIR BOYS. Underhill, William; Krosnar, Katka // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);12/20/2004 Special Issue (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 144, p32
Focuses on Stanislav Gross, Prime Minister of the Czech Republic and, at 35, Europe's youngest Prime Minister. Service as a member of parliament for 12 years before taking charge of the Czech Republic's ruling Social Democratic Party in 2004; Observation that political prodigies are on the rise...
- Wake-up call for Czech politicians. O′Shaughnessy, Dermont // New Presence: The Prague Journal of Central European Affairs;Winter2003, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p5
Focuses on the political activities of Social Democrats party in Czech Republic. Reason behind the phenomenon; Identification of the main party in the governing coalition; Attributions of the party's success.
- New Administration Appointed. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Oct2004, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p6
Focuses on the appointment of the new Czech Republic administration in September 2004. Background on the victory of the Stanislav Gross government; Threat to the unity of the government dominated by Social Democrat Party; Revision to the 2005 budget; Decline in the Czech government's long-term...
- Czech Republic. // Czech Republic Country Profile;2011, p1
No abstract available.
- Centre-Left Set For Election Victory. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2010, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p7
The article presents the political outlook for Czech Republic in 2010. It states that the government will be led by the Czech Social Democratic Party (CSSD) following the general election on May 2008. It mentions that the Civic Democratic Party will likely continue benefiting smaller parties and...
- CSSD Majority To Have Marginal Effect. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2010, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p7
The article discusses the politics and government in Czech Republic. It mentions that the Social Democrats (CSSD) has gained 12 seats out of 27 in the senate elections in October 2010; thus attaining a majority which will likely create influence over the austerity measures of the government due...
- CZECH REPUBLIC: Country Forecast: Political Framework. // Political Risk Yearbook: Czech Republic Country Report;2006, p23
Presents forecasts on political leaders and political parties in the Czech Republic. Prime Minister Jiri Paroubek; Civic Democratic Party; Czech Social Democratic Party; Vaclav Klaus; Communist Party of Bohemia and Moravia.
- Four Coalition parries in battle over buyout amendment. Carey, Nick // Prague Business Journal;11/26/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 47, p3
Reports the conflict between the lower house and the Senate over the privatization of state-owned stakes in companies in Czech Republic. Dispute on the proposed amendment to the Commercial Code; Demand for a forward of the original version of the bill by the Four Coalition; Statement regarding...
- Communist Successor Party Adaptation in Candidate-Centered Systems: the Communist Party of Bohemia and Moravia and the Czech Social Democratic Party in the Czech Republic. Rizova, Tatiana P. // Journal of Politics & Law;Jun2012, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p145
I compare the adaptation strategies of the Czech ex-communists to competitive elections upon the implosion of East European communism in 1989. In order to survive in a competitive electoral environment, parties that symbolize the communist legacy ought to refashion their internal organization...