POLAND: RISK SUMMARY
- Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltics. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2016, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p1
A country report for Central Europe and Baltic region countries is presented by publisher Business Monitor Int. Ltd. on political risk and macroeconomics with topics like gross domestic product forecast of Poland, public expenditure growth in Czech Republic, and investment grade status of Hungary.
- Country Update. // Political Risk Yearbook: Poland Country Report;2011, pU-1
A political risk report for Poland as of November 2010 is presented. Bronislaw Komorowski, a former parliamentary speaker who assumed the presidency after the death of President Lech Kaczynski, defeated Kaczynski's twin brother, Jaroslaw, in an early presidential election. The government plans...
- Pay protests in Poland fail to win better offer from prime minister. // Nursing Standard;7/11/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p7
The article reports on the failure of the striking nurses to convince Prime Minister Jaroslaw Kaczynski for a better pay in Poland. The talks between Kaczynski and four nurses who barricaded in one of his offices was not successful. Some nurses have been camping outside his office for several...
- POLAND: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2010, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p2
The article reports the poll conducted by GfK in May, regarding the presidential election which shows 41 percent of support to Bronislaw Komorowski and 28 percent to Jaroslaw Kaczynski of the law and Justice Party.
- Separating Twins. Shepherd, Robin // World Today;Oct2007, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p18
The article reports on the general election in Poland. The country is ending its post-communist transition with the general election brought by the dissolution of parliament. Prime Minister Jaroslaw Kaczynski's populist-nationalist government may be replaced by a pro-business coalition Civic...
- Country Risk Summary: POLAND. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Jan2005, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p4
This article reports on the risk factors of Poland as of January 1, 2005. Members of the governing Democratic Left Alliance (SLD) appear to be in conflict over whether to hold early elections in May 2005, or wait until October, the latest month permitted under the constitution. Our short-term...
- RISK SUMMARY: POLAND. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2007, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p4
The article offers news briefs on issues related to political and economic risks in Poland as of March 2007. Prime Minister Jaroslaw Kaczynski said that a national crisis has sparked after the resignation of Warsaw's archbishop, Stanislaw Wielgus, after accusations that he collaborated with the...
- SOLIDARITY'S FUTURE. Kupchan, Charles // Atlantic (02769077);May85, Vol. 255 Issue 5, p37
Focuses on the political activity of the Solidarity trade union in Poland. Economic factors triggered the strikes of the movement; Demands of the union to improve labor conditions; Attempt of Solidarity to redistribute political power within the country.
- Light At The End Of The Tunnel? // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Oct2007, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p1
The article analyzes the economic situation in Poland. The country is experiencing a political turmoil. In relation with this, Prime Minister Jaroslaw Kaczynski announced that a snap election could be held in October or November 2007. This political turmoil negatively affected the country's...