Deeper Downturn In Q209
- Czech Republic: Draft Budget Is A Step In The Right Direction. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/10/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 22, p17
The article discusses the economic outlook for the Czech Republic from 2007 to 2010. The draft 2008 budget released by the Czech Finance Ministry indicates an important step towards reforming the country's finances. It is predicted that the government will able to maintain the shortfall below...
- The Czech Economy in 2002 and Prospects for 2003. Janacek, Kamil // Czech Business & Trade;2003, Issue 3/4, p5
Analyzes the economy of the Czech Republic in 2002. Economic forecasting for 2003; Gross domestic products; Growth of industry, construction and retail trade; Inflation; Balance of trade.
- Czech Republic. // OECD Economic Outlook;Dec98, Vol. 1998 Issue 2, p79
Forecasts economic developments in the Czech Republic 1999 and 2000. Decline in gross domestic product (GDP) in the first half of 1998; Surge in net exports following the sharp depreciation of the koruna in May 1997; Cyclical factors that contributed to an increase in the government deficit;...
- STATISTICAL ANNEX. // OECD Economic Surveys: Czech Republic;Jan2000, Vol. 2000 Issue 4, p212
Presents a number of statistical information regarding the economy of the Czech Republic from 1993 to 1998. Gross domestic product; Unemployment rate; Exports and imports of goods and services; Total general government expenditure.
- Notes. // OECD Economic Surveys: Czech Republic;Jul2001, Vol. 2001 Issue 13, p171
Presents information on the economy of Czech Republic as of July 2001. Average tariff levels for Czech imports; Estimated total expenditure associated with pensions; Increase in income transfers of gross domestic product related transfers.
- HOW DO CZECHS COMPARE? Zika, Martin // New Presence: The Prague Journal of Central European Affairs;Autumn2007, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p18
The author looks at the post-1989 Velvet Revolution economic and social growth of the Czech Republic. According to the statements on a Gross Domestic Product (GDP), many politicians and economists continue to the do their best to persuade the people and the nation is becoming more prosperous....
- 2007: Fiscal Deficit To Deteriorate Further. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Apr2007, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p7
The article forecasts the economic conditions in Czech Republic for 2007. It predicts that the fiscal balance will slip further and will reach a deficit of 4.1% and 3.8% of gross domestic product at the end of 2007 and 2008. It mentions that the government is unlikely to implement the necessary...
- The Slowdown Should Be Painless. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2008, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p6
The article provides an economic outlook for the Czech Republic through 2012. Analysts expect that a slowdown in the Czech economy certainly seems to have taken hold in the first-quarter of 2008, with real gross domestic product (GDP) growth slowing to 5.4% year-on-year. They expect to see...
- Recession In 2009. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2009, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p6
The article discusses an economic outlook for Czech Republic for 2009. It is forecasted that gross domestic product (GDP) of the country will go down in 2009 as external demand, domestic consumption and capital investment go down. It is asserted that the country is less likely to be in a...