UNA ESPECIE NUEVA DE OXALIS L. (SECCIÃ“N IONOXALIS SMALL, OXALIDACEAE) ORIGINARIA DEL NORTE DE MICHOACÃN, MÃ‰XICO
- A Lily Note from Frank Skinner of Dropmore, Manitoba. Wershler, Fran // Prairie Garden;2004, Issue 66, p14
Excerpts a 1938 article by F.L. Skinner on lilies. Suitability of the bulb plant for Western Canada; Popularity enjoyed by the lily that should equal the Gladiolus; Advantages of the lily over gladiolas; Flowering season.
- Juno Iris for the garden. ALMOND, JIM // Plantsman: New Series;Sep2013, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p188
The article discusses the species and hybrids of scorpiris or juno irises that can be cultivated outdoors. It mentions the six juno species including Iris bucharia, native to northeast Afghanistan, Iris vicaria, native to Gissar Range mountaiuns, and Iris manifica, native to Samarkand mountains....
- LA FLORA VASCULAR ENDï¿½MICA EN EL ESTADO DE QUERï¿½TARO. I. ANï¿½LISIS NUMï¿½RICOS PRELIMINARES Y DEFINICIï¿½N DE ï¿½REAS DE CONCENTRACIï¿½N DE LAS ESPECIES DE DISTRIBUCIï¿½N RESTRINGIDA. Rzedowski, Jerzy; De Rzedowski, Graciela Calderon; Zamudio, Sergio // Acta Botanica Mexicana;abr2012, Issue 99, p99
The vascular flora of the state of Queretaro is now estimated in somewhat more than 4000 species. 1625 of these (among species and subspecific entities) have been critically treated in 174 published fascicles of the Flora del Bajï¿½o y de Regiones Adyacentes. Out of these 1625 taxa, 588...
- HECHTIA MAPIMIANA (BROMELIACEAE; HECHTIOIDEAE), UNA NUEVA ESPECIE DEL ESTADO DE DURANGO, MÃ‰XICO. LÓPEZ-FERRARI, ANA ROSA; ESPEJO-SERNA, ADOLFO // Acta Botanica Mexicana;2013, Issue 102, p89
Hechtia mapimiana a new endemic species from CaÃ±Ã³n de FernÃ¡ndez, sierra de MapimÃ, in the state of Durango, Mexico, is described and illustrated. The new taxon is compared with H. zamudioi, species with similar vegetative and floral characteristics.
- Two new species of Elatostema (Urticaceae) from southeast Yunnan, China. Zeng-Yuan Wu; Wen-Tsai Wang; Hong Wang; De-Zhu Li // PhytoKeys;Nov2011, Issue 7, p57
Elatostema pleiophlebium and E. malipoense, two endemic species from southeast Yunnan of China, are described and illustrated. Their diagnostic characters, description and relationship with morphologically similar species are also given. Elatostema pleiophlebium is easily recognised by its...
- A new Comanthera (Eriocaulaceae) from the EspinhaÃ§o Range, Minas Gerais, Brazil. Echternacht, Livia; Sano, Paulo // Brittonia;Mar2012, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p30
We describe and illustrate the new species Comanthera brunnea (Eriocaulaceae: Paepalanthoideae). This species is endemic to the sandy fields of the campos rupestres of the northeastern EspinhaÃ§o range in Minas Gerais, Brazil. We compare it with Comanthera suberosa, the morphologically most...
- Psoralea margaretiflora (Psoraleeae, Fabaceae): A new species from the Sneeuberg Centre of Floristic Endemism, Eastern Cape, South Africa. Stirton, Charles H.; Clark, V. Ralph; Barker, Nigel P.; Muasya, A. Muthama // PhytoKeys;7/27/2011, Issue 5, p31
A new species of Psoralea is described. Psoralea margaretiflora C.H. Stirton & V.R. Clark is endemic to the Sneeuberg Centre of Floristic Endemism, Eastern Cape, South Africa. This resprouter is characterised by its small greenish-white flowers with a small trifid purple nectar patch and...
- Demography of the Invasive Geophyte Oxalis pes-caprae Across a Mediterranean Island. VILÀ, MONTSERRAT; BARTOMEUS, IGNASI; GIMENO, ISABEL; TRAVESET, ANNA; MORAGUES, EVA // Annals of Botany;Jun2006, Vol. 97 Issue 6, p1055
â€¢ Background and Aims Success during the early stages of the life-history of alien plants is essential for invasion to occur. The reproductive components of plant invaders have mostly been studied in species reproducing sexually but little is known about invaders that depend exclusively on...
- Seed and Bulb Dormancy Characteristics in New World Allium L. (Amaryllidaceae): A Review. // International Journal of Botany;2010, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p228
No abstract available.