ANATOMÃA COMPARADA DE LA LÃMINA FOLIAR DEL GÃ‰NERO DISTICHLIS (POACEAE)
- UNA NUEVA ESPECIE DE GYMNOPOGON (POACEAE, CYNODONTEAE) PARA LA ARGENTINA. Sulekic, Antenor A.; Rúgolo de Agrasar, Zulma E. // Darwiniana;dic2006, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p504
Gymnopogon toldensis, a new species from Argentina, is described and illustrated. A key to the species of Gymnopogon from northwestern Argentina is also included.
- Pleurocarpaea gracilis (Asteraceae: Vernonieae), a new species from the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Lander, Nicholas S.; Hurter, P. Johan H. // Nuytsia;2013, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p109
Lander, N.S. & Hurter, P.J.H. Pleurocarpaea gracilis (Asteraceae: Vernonieae), a new species from the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Nuytsia 23: 109-115 (2013). A new species of Asteraceae, Pleurocarpaea gracilis Lander & P.J.H.Hurter, is described from the Pilbara region of Western...
- Diatoms (Bacillariophyceae) from the province of La Pampa (Argentina). I. Romero, Oscar Enrique // Darwiniana;1993, Vol. 32 Issue 1-4, p303
This is the first contribution to the knowledge of the diatom flora of La Pampa province (Argentina). Five samples were analyzed, 127 taxa were identified, 13 of them are new records for Argentina.
- A new variety of Ceropegia oculata Hook. (Apocynaceae: Asclepiadoideae) from Satpuda hill ranges of Maharashtra, India. Punekar, Sachin A.; Jagtap, Suresh D.; Deokule, Subhash S. // Current Science (00113891);11/10/2006, Vol. 91 Issue 9, p1142
The article offers information on varieties of Ceropegia oculata from Satpuda hill ranges of Maharashtra, India. The numbers of species and varieties of Ceropegia hosted by the Satpuda hill ranges together with the northern Western Ghats are cited. The species are described, including their...
- Zoysiagrass Water Relations. Ruemmele, Bridget // Grounds Maintenance;Aug2003, Vol. 38 Issue 8, pG6
Focuses on the drought resistance of zoysia grasses. Characteristics of commercially-available zoysia grass cultivars; Several species of zoysia grass genus; Classification of zoysia grass cultivars according to leaf type.
- Now you can select your grass for digestibility. Lawrence, Chrissie; Buss, Jessica // Farmers Weekly;3/26/2004, Vol. 140 Issue 13, p46
Discusses the process of selecting grass varieties for digestibility. Improvement in animal production to be acquired from digestibility measurement; Importance of D-value in determining digestibility of stems; Measures to be considered in the assessment of grass quality.
- Environmental Correlates of the Distribution and Abundance of Microstegium vimineum, in East Tennessee. Cole, Patrice G.; Weltzin, Jake F. // Southeastern Naturalist;2004, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p545
We conducted a landscape-level survey of Microstegium vimineum (Trin.) A. Camus (Japanese grass, Nepal grass) at the Oak Ridge National Environmental Research Park to: (1) document the distribution of this species, (2) measure several important characteristics of the populations and invaded...
- Characterization of Fluazifop-P-butyl Tolerance in Zoysiagrass Cultivars. Leon, Ramon G.; Unruh, J. Bryan; Brecke, Barry J.; Kenworthy, Kevin E. // Weed Technology;Apr-Jun2014, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p385
POST control of grass weed species and contaminant turfgrass species, such as common and hybrid bermudagrass, is a major challenge in zoysiagrass. Fluazifop-P-butyl is a POST herbicide that can provide selective grass weed control with limited injury to zoysiagrass. However, because of the...
- TRIPOGON MALABARICA (POACEAE: CHLORIDOIDEAE: CHLORIDEAE: TRIPOGONINAE), A NEW SPECIES FROM KERALA, INDIA. Kottekkattu, Thoiba; Pradeep, A. K. // Journal of the Botanical Research Institute of Texas;2014, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p523
A new species of Poaceae, Tripogon malabarica Thoiba & Pradeep from Malabar Wildlife Sanctuary, Western Ghats of Kerala, India, is described and illustrated.