COMPLETE THIS SENTENCE…
- money on the mind. // California CPA;Nov2015, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p4
The article presents a poll of accounting professionals which revealed that 84 percent of respondents asked hiring managers their own questions during a job interview and 21 percent of them asked about professional expectations and duties in their target firms.
- Survey reveals unusual job interview behavior. // Personnel Journal;Sep92, Vol. 71 Issue 9, Human Resource Supplement p7
Gives results of a survey of 200 executives conducted by Accountemps on bizarre and unconventional interview behavior that they have witnessed.
- Human recourse. Henry, Grant // Finance Week;12/8/2003, p55
Examines the working life of the human resource personnel. Profile of a human resource personnel; Employee interviews; Job responsibilities.
- Recruit better with strengths based interviewing. CRUSH, PETER; FARAQHER, JO; JEFFERY, ROBERT; KIRTON, HAYLEY; LEWIS, GRACE; SCOTT, ANNA; WALLER, DAVID // People Management;May2014, p34
The article suggests human resource (HR) professionals to use the strengths-based interviewing approach for better recruitment outcome. Examples of commonly-asked questions in job interviews are cited. Also discussed are the advantages of a strength-based interview over the traditional method,...
- HOW TO INTERVIEW CANDIDATES. Miles, Samantha // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/4/2015 Supplement, p15
The article presents a guide for human resource managers for interviewing job candidates. Topics discussed include the need for managers to analyze the job description of the role and determine the key skill set that the candidate will need to be successful in the position and consideration for...
- The Hiring Algorithm. BRAHMA, GAUTAM // Human Capital;Nov2016, p62
The article offers the author's insights on the practical practices of hiring managers in screening and hiring employees. Topics discussed include several approaches in evaluating potential hires such as multiple interviews, behavioural tests, and work simulations, the use of gut feeling in...
- VALUED CUSTOM SOPHIE EJSMOND. Ejsmond, Sophie // People Management;9/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 18, p9
Stresses the impact of customers on employee motivation. Failure of many businesses to exploit the true value of the customer connection; Role of the human resource personnel in helping employees to engage with customers; Importance of bringing the customer voice into an organization.
- COMPLETE THIS SENTENCEï¿½. // People Management;11/13/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p90
The article features Joanna Ryan, human resources (HR) business analyst at Transport for London in England. She shares that her most embarrassing moment in a job interview was with someone whose business was based in their house, so they did the interview in their sitting room. Her top perk at...
- Improving the Decision-making Processes of the Talent Acquisition Lifecycle. Shaheen, Joseph // Journal of Corporate Recruiting Leadership;May2011, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p3
The article focuses on how to improve decision-making in talent acquisition or employee recruitment. It discusses the importance of two types of decision making process namely content-based decisions and process-based decisions in addressing talent acquisition strategy, sourcing, and screening...