PEOPLE AND POSTS
- SHRM Committee. // Caribbean Business;9/23/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 37, pS2
A photograph is presented which depicts the members of the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) Committee including secretary Aixa GarcÃa, administrator Ana Iglesias and 2009-2010 president Angie Lugo.
- PEOPLE & POSTS. // People Management;4/3/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p9
Focuses on the appointment of human resource (HR) directors in Great Britain.
- Are you HR certified? // Workforce;Jan1998, Vol. 77, p27
Presents a survey on views concerning certification of human resource professionals in the United States.
- Look Who's at the Helm. Mirza, Patrick // HR Magazine;Nov2001, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p10
Reports on the appointment of human resource department heads who are not human resource professionals. Advantages of working with people without human resource background; Importance of the role of human resource executives in industrial management.
- How to sell new ideas to your staff. // HR Weekly;11/24/2014, Vol. 2 Issue 47, p8
The article offers suggestions on how a human relations officer can sell new ideas to the staff including stressing the idea's benefits, ensuring that the idea is understood and making a clear description of the resources that will be made available to carry out a new project.
- 6 tips from America's top HR departments. // HR Weekly;10/13/2014, Vol. 2 Issue 41, p4
The article offers tips on personnel management including using human resource technology, rotating human resource personnel in different positions, and investing in improving human resource manager-employee relationship.
- HRD Career Update. Chalofsky, Neal // Training & Development Journal;May85, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p64
Discusses the career opportunities for human resource development (HRD) professionals in the U.S. Trends that affect the choices facing people who enter or advance in the HRD profession; Increased specialization; Proliferation of new, smaller companies; Movement of HRD professionals into...
- Why won't they call me the HR director? // People Management;Feb2015, p46
The article provides an answer to a question about why a company refuses to use the title of human resources (HR) director to refer to the firm's most senior HR professional, and it mentions ambition, corporate recruiters, and various roles in organizations.
- Young HR Pros Must Be in the Game. Jackson, Henry G. // HR Magazine;Dec2016/Jan2017, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p6
An introduction to the article "30 Under 30: A Who's Who to the Future of HR" about the stories of 30 young human resource professionals in the U.S. is presented.