How HR made a difference at work
- The Intricacies of Creating a 'COACHING CULTURE'. RIDDLE, DOUGLAS; HOOLE, EMILY // Talent Management;Nov2015, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p18
The article focuses on adoption of coaching culture in business organizations while mentioning increasing interest for coaching, types of coaching such as extended coaching for human resources leaders, and strategies of companies to develop leadership attributes.
- An Image of Who We Might Become: Vision Communication, Possible Selves, and Vision Pursuit. Stam, Daan; Lord, Robert G.; van Knippenberg, Daan; Wisse, Barbara // Organization Science;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p1172
We propose a model of vision communication that emphasizes the mediating role of follower collective possible selves-that is, self-conception in terms of what the collective (team, organization) which one is a member of may become in the future that can be held by individuals but can also be...
- The courage dilemma. Furlong, Murray // Training Journal;Feb2013, p34
The article discusses a lack of courage among corporate leaders to address issues that can undermine the effectiveness of teams in the workplace. Cliques, derogatory remarks from some team members about others, and ridicule can all create stress and low morale. The author describes what...
- What team members perceive as important to achieve high performance: an exploratory case study. Moura, Isabel C.; Dias, Pedro M.; Dominguez, Caroline E.; Varajão, João E. // Interdisciplinarity in Engineering;2014, Vol. 16, p1010
In today's demanding business environment companies must perform more efficiently. One of the most important ways to tackle this challenge is to enhance the human resources potential, through effective team management. High-performing teams have been studied for some years, with literature...
- HAVE YOUR BEST SEASON EVER! Goughnour, Roberta C.; Pares, Ales // Alaska Business Monthly;Apr2006, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p123
The article discusses the three components which include leadership, coaching and team-building in achieving excellence in performance. The ability to lead requires self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy and social skills. A good coach concentrates on developing the performance of...
- Marshall Goldsmith Delegation Tips. // Success Media: Marshall Goldsmith - Delegation Tips;2011, p1
Video Length: One minute, 51 seconds. Marshall Goldsmith explains tips for how leaders can better delegate.
- The Evolution of Training. Diamond, Mike // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Aug2006, Vol. 86 Issue 8, p78
The article focuses on the four styles of training a team of plumbing employees. Things to be done and how to do it are conveyed to a new member under an authoritative style of leadership and training. New members can learn how to master situations in the coaching aspect of training. Tasks and...
- Wanna Win Your People Over? Be a Coach - Not a Barking Boss. // Pest Management Professional;Aug2010, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p72
The article presents few of the many lessons that the author learned from a business coaching seminar on how to promote leadership in business. It emphasizes that a leader should not act like a boss, understand the benefits of teaching versus telling and ask teammates to share winning ways to...
- Maite InglÃ©s, coach de equipos: â€œNo hay premios especiales para los que llegan solos a la metaâ€. Carazo, José Antonio // Capital Humano;feb2013, Vol. 26 Issue 273, p62
No abstract available.