- Exploitation allegations create Domino's effect. Phillips, Lucy // People Management;6/12/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p8
The article reports that Domino's Pizza has refocused its business since allegations of migrant staff exploitation by the fastfood chain were revealed in 2007. Human resource (HR) director Jane Roberts said that claims made by the Unite union that migrant workers had their wages deducted...
- Exploitation, inequality, corruption mar China's economy. Swift, Richard // CCPA Monitor;Jun2011, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p28
The article discusses how exploitation, inequality and corruption have marred the economy in China. It offers a glimpse on the history of China's economic growth through the help of young migrant workers. It notes the encouragement of Han Dongfang, a veteran activist and founder of the Hong...
- Beastly burden. Wenman, Cosmo // Reason;Oct96, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p16
Features the `Right to Know Payroll Form,' a simple tool being promoted by the Mackinac Center for Public Policy that businesses can use to inform employees of how some governmental burden affect take-home pay. Cost of government mandates; Figures based on Mackinac's calculations; Governor John...
- FORM: Payroll Deduction Authorization Form. Guerin, Lisa; DelPo, Amy // Create Your Own Employee Handbook;2013, pF25
A form related to payroll deduction authorization is presented.
- Dissect-a-check. // Seventeen;Jun99, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p78
Presents a breakdown of a pay check that is actually a condensed version of the financial history of employee with the employer. Federal tax marital status; Pay period; Taxes; Deductions for medical insurance; Gross and net incomes.
- On the Federal Payroll. Bell, Debra // U.S. News Digital Weekly;12/10/2010, Vol. 2 Issue 49, p9
A quiz about the federal payroll is presented.
- Who Can Organize the Victims? // New Republic;10/5/32, Vol. 72 Issue 931, p195
The article reports on the organization for workers whose wages are being cut below subsistence level in the U.S. The official labor movement has made some attempt to organize the worst sufferers from depression. The organization calls for an eventual workers' republic to operate a planned...
- Don't slip up over slips. // Management Services;Jan1977, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p35
From April 1977 all employees will have the right to be given a written statement with their pay packets. This is one of a series of fundamental new rights for employees under the Employment Protection Act, a wide-ranging measure also designed to improve industrial relations by encouraging...
- Informal Opinion on Checking Email While on Vacation Complicates Permissible Deductions for Exempt Employees. Allen, Jamerson C. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2003 Q1, p1
The article comments on an informal statement made by the California Labor Commissioner that an employer cannot make deductions from an exempt employee's salary or vacation leave bank for those days the employee is on vacation and reviews e-mail or listens to voice mail. The author presumes that...