- Confused by Accounting? // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Mar/Apr2002, Issue 30, p7
Introduces the accounts-explained.co.uk by accountancy network Hacker Young in Great Britain. Importance of Web site for managers and accounting regulations; Information provided by the site; Impact of the site on business people.
- The week in brief. Thomas, Daniel // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/18/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 4459, p34
The article offers news briefs on the catering and hotel industries in England. According to a study by accountancy firm UHY Hacker Young, almost nine out of 10 hoteliers believe a bed tax would hit the British tourist trade in 2007. London's Royal Lancaster Hotel received several Considerate...
- Small business, big blunder. // Works Management;Aug2005, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p6
Reports that small businesses must be aware of "tax man blunders" according to national accountancy group UHY Hacker Young in Great Britain. Vulnerability of small businesses to tax guidance.
- Company law review targets fat cats. // Accountancy;Apr98, Vol. 121 Issue 1256, p12
Reports that two retired former directors of Great Britain-based Hacker Young have paid 1.5 million pounds in an out-of-court settlement of a negligence claim. Failure of the directors to inform the complainant about the risk of the financial transaction they entered into.
- Raising finance. // Accountancy;Apr1985, Vol. 96 Issue 1100, p35
Announces the availability of the leaflet on 'Raising Finance for Your Business' produced by the accounting firm Hacker Young.
- New treasurer for institute. // Accountancy;Nov2003, Vol. 132 Issue 1323, p126
This section announces the appointment of Philip Hollins, partner at accounting firm Hacker Young, as treasurer of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. Hollins has been a member of the institute's council for eight years, and is on the institute's governance working body...
- UHY starts recovery in Leeds. // Accountancy;Jan2008, Vol. 141 Issue 1373, p47
The article reports that accounting firm UHY Hacker Young has set up a turnaround and recovery office in Leeds, England. The office was established in response to growing demand for insolvency advice in the area. The office will be headed by Edwin Kirkwood. UHY Hacker Young is a top 20 firm.
- Investigation Insurance. // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;May/Jun2002, Issue 31, p7
Reports the move the Inland Revenue to conduct an insurance investigation on various businesses in Great Britain. Warnings of Hacker Young on the financial costs of governmental investigations; Impact of tax investigation on small and medium sized companies; Offer of a 'Taxdefence' insurance...
- Bungled funding begs for reform. // 14-19 Learning & Skills Bulletin;5/11/2012, Issue 56, p3
The article presents data unveiled by UHY Hacker Young Associates Ltd. on the need to return the 15 million pounds in erroneous funding by 128 academies in Great Britain.