Working Links wins jobseeking support contract
- Art of Accounting: How an Out-of-Work Tax Preparer Saved Our Lives. Mendlowitz, Edward // Accountingtoday.com;12/1/2014, p7
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience in hiring an out-of-work tax preparation professional.
- Jobless benefits on family leave? Not here. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;08/07/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 32, p7
Focuses on business-related issues in Michigan. Opposition of the state administration to the unemployment benefits policy proposed by the United States Department of Labor; Refusal of state officials and business representatives to enact the policy; Appointment of John MacIlory as president...
- HireTrain aims to match skills with availability. // Contract Journal;11/8/2006, Vol. 435 Issue 6600, p32
The article reports that Hire Association Europe (HAE) has applied to set up a dedicated training group that will match training needs against availability across the whole of the hire industry. The association will operate the CITB-ConstructionSkills-sponsored training group, to be known as...
- HAE forms partnership with CITB. // PMJ: Plant Managers Journal;Jun2005, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p6
Reports on a partnership between the Hire Alliance Europe (HAE) and the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) in Great Britain. Reason behind the opposition of the HAE to a CITB levy; Purpose of the Training and Development Plant Grant of CITB.
- Missed opportunity? Berry, Richard // Nursing Older People;Dec2006, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p20
The article reports that the social care workforce regulator, General Social Care Council (GSCC) has announced that it would be introducing a registration system for domiciliary and residential social care workers in England. The body already operates a similar system for social workers. It is...
- Individual Commitment EQUALS Team Success. Ogburn, Micah // Cleaning & Maintenance Management;May2013, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p4
The author views that individual commitment will lead to the team success of an organization. She points out the importance of responding to trends and changing customer needs to be able to grow and thrive. She discusses the need to have a common goal to help the organization focus and for every...
- Minnesota Department of Transportation (Mn/DOT): Engineering Services Division. // Minnesota State Register;3/11/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 37, p1344
The article offers information on a notice issued by Engineering Services Division of Minnesota Department of Transportation (Mn/DOT) regarding the development of the Consultant Pre-Qualification Program for consultant selection. It mentions that notice invites application from consultants for...
- NPTC ANNOUNCES APPOINTMENTS. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Oct2002, Vol. 159 Issue 10, p68
Reports several employee promotions at the National Park Truck Council.
- IRA committees seek members. // Reading Today;Jun/Jul2003, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p27
Reports on the search by the International Reading Association for committee members in 2003 in the U.S.