NEWS IN BRIEF
- The notorious Mckinsey report. // Pulse;5/26/2010, Vol. 70 Issue 18, p3
The article focuses on the report by McKinsey & Co., a management consultant firm, for the National Health Service (NHS) on shifting hospital care to general practitioners (GPs) and proposal for the crackdown on costs on the reduction of appointment times by 20 percent and the decommissioning up...
- Theatre staff agree to industrial action over job downgrading. Parish, Colin // Nursing Standard;5/9/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 35, p9
The article reports that theater nurses and operating department practitioners at the National Health Service (NHS) foundation trust in Great Britain, have voted to take industrial action in a dispute over plans to restructure posts. At Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, most of their...
- Nurses choose between assistant roles or redundancy. // Nursing Standard;2/22/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p6
Registered nurses at an NHS trust have been asked to consider taking jobs as band 4 assistant practitioners if they want to avoid redundancy.
- Circle review of nursing rotas puts 46 jobs at risk. // Nursing Standard;8/22/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 51, p6
Nurses working at the first NHS trust to be taken over by a private company have reacted angrily after discovering that 46 nursing and healthcare assistant posts could be cut.
- Unions fear jobs squeeze is hitting minority groups more than others. Gillen, Sally // Nursing Standard;7/11/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 45, p5
Fears that a disproportionate number of staff who are black or from minority ethnic backgrounds are losing their jobs as a result of public sector cuts has caused health unions to commission diversity research.
- NHS staff across UK face cuts in efficiency drive. // Pulse;3/2/2011, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p8
The article reports on the struggle of the National Health Services (NHS) in Great Britain, including NHS Hertfordshire and NHS Oxfordshire, to make efficiency savings leading to its job cuts particularly on managerial and frontline clinical posts.
- The big ask. Carrington, Lucie // People Management;2/12/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p26
The article discusses the importance of staff surveys as an invaluable way of finding the interests of employees making human resource engagement easier. In Great Britain, employees surveys were traditionally used to provide employers with a snapshot of workforce satisfaction. The increasing...
- Protection for employees. Austerberry, Kevin // Nursing Standard;3/7/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 27, p63
Government plans to change employment safeguards could leave staff in jeopardy, writes Kevin Austerberry.
- Consulting room. Mahony, Chris // People Management;9/14/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 18, p46
Looks at how Great Britain's National Health Service managers change their ways and involve staff in policy decisions. Concept behind the partnership working; National and local initiatives promised by Health Minister John Denham for union representatives, clinicians and managers; Importance of...